Data Scientist – Operations Research
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Robert Bosch is a world-class engineering and manufacturing company. Our products impact hundreds of millions of people every day, many in safety critical systems. Artificial intelligence is impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains, including: manufacturing, autonomous driving, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics and supply chain & logistics. The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. We are a global team of data scientists, engineers and research scientists focused on applying state-of-the-art AI models to improve all aspects of Bosch’s products and operations.
This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems.
- Design and implement internal data products that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
- Share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to customers, managers, and key decision makers.
- Select and apply appropriate machine learning, operations research, and computing methods to large-scale, high-dimensional data
- Write clear, maintainable and tested code
- Stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise
- Take responsibility for preparing data for analysis, and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity
- Contribute to Bosch's patent portfolio
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- Ph.D. (or M.S with 2+ years relevant work experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative technical fields
- 2+ yrs experience in applying machine learning, mathematical optimization and other analytic methods to solve practical business problems
- Strong understanding of machine learning and optimization algorithms & underlying mathematical/statistical principles
- Programming experience in Python and/or R, including common data science libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, numpy)
- Experience with optimization solvers like Gurobi or Cplex
- Hands-on experience with neural networks and deep learning methods
- Experience working with big data and associated distributed processing tools (e.g. Spark)
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production systems
- Familiar with software engineering best practices and able to write code for production systems
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.