2022 Data and Machine Learning Internship - Year Long
- 1800 W Central Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
At Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 390,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 130 years.
As one of the world’s top 25 patent-earning companies, we average approximately eight per day.
This internship will be a hybrid of remote work and in-office work. Only local applicants will be considered.
The Bosch Data & Machine Learning Intern for Power Tools North America will be responsible for applying machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts to connect warranty, sales, and online reviews figures to steer business decisions in a cost saving and quality improvement direction. His/her main tasks are in close collaboration with Walnut Ridge (our National Reconditioning Center), as well as assisting cross functional teams with improvements in the value stream to decrease External Defect Costs.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or similar program or have graduated within the last six months
- Must provide evidence of completing academic coursework involving concentrations such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Probability and Statistics
- Some experience on quality activities preferred
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug and background screen pre-employment
- Position only open to students who will not now, nor in the future require sponsorship to work in the US
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.