DevOps Engineer (f,m,div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Straße 200, 31139 Hildesheim, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
You will be able to contribute to two of the most exciting topics in the automotive industry in one job: Automated Driving and Connected Services!
Help us in developing services for providing digital maps for automated driving functions based on large-scale fleet data. We are working in agile, interdisciplinary teams towards making automated driving safer, more reliable and more comfortable.
You will join a team of specialists which is supporting our application developers with the provision of a modern SW development infrastructure, including tools for CI/CD, issue tracking, code hosting and SW reviews.
Your work includes:
- Ideation and concept creation for new tools and services for strengthening the automated SW development process for digital map creation
- Concept verification (proof-of-concepts) and implementation of new tools and services for the SW development process in the public cloud and on-premises
- Creation of automated, fast and secure continuous integration and deployment workflows
- Identification and analysis of bottlenecks of CI/CD pipelines and other relevant tools
- Maintenance and issue resolution for the current SW development pipeline
- Specific tool and script development based on available cloud services and developer needs
- Continuous alignment with application developers, process experts and project management with the goal to constantly improve the SW development environment
- Working Practice: High level of initiative and strong team spirit as well as a problem solving mindset
- Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong background or professional experience with SW development environments (incl. CI/CD, staging, version control systems, build pipelines) and the attached SW development paradigms
- Practical experiences and skills with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and deployment (i.e. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Github Actions)
- Practical experiences with creating, automating and maintaining SW tools and services
- Coding skills in Python or another relevant programming language, solid and profound skills with clean coding, SW testing and version control (Git)
- Professional experience with the usage of public cloud services in production is a plus
- Certifications in the field of Microsoft Azure are a plus
- Languages: Proficient skills in English are required (speaking and writing), German skills are appreciated
- Education: M.Sc./diploma/PhD in the field of computer science, electrical engineering, IT or other related studies, ideally with a focus on SW engineering
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Whether you want to work remotely or part-time – we offer great possibilities for mobile work as well as various part-time models.
Need support during your application?
Selina Dicke (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Peter Abeling (Functional Department)