Materials Engineering Student
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs more than 410,000 people across 165 countries. Bosch brings innovations that are “Invented for Life” in the fields of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Our Cross-Domain Computing Solutions Department is responsible for developing Body Computer Modules, Secure Central Gateways and Vehicle Security Products. With capabilities covering end-to-end the complete Development and New Product Introduction process we are managing and implementing global platform projects, tailored for our Original Equipment customers
If you are motivated, innovative, and excited about working with some of the world's leading technology, then a career with Bosch is for you.
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty Ltd is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Undergraduate Materials Engineering Student to join our Cross Domain Computing Solutions team on a full time basis for 12 months commencing Jan 2022.
You will gain invaluable experience and knowledge as an integral part of our Cross Domain Computing Solutions team. Some of the tasks that you will undertake with us include:
- Gain knowledge in performing analysis and inspection of electronic product or components.
- Provide support in the investigation of quality issues.
- Perform material testing for design and production validation testing (i.e. phosphorous analysis, viscosity analysis, Tg analysis) using appropriate methods and instrumentation.
- Perform visual inspection for manufacturing and quality department in accordance to IPC-A 610G standards.
- Write and release test reports, reporting any quality problems identified during the test.
- Assist supervisors or engineers in the review and publishing of guidelines, work instructions, and test specifications.
- Ensure operation in the material lab is in accordance to the department laboratory manual.
You will find opportunities to develop your expertise and broaden your tertiary studies. A strong support network will smooth your entry into working life: a supervisor and team members will be there to help you succeed.
You will be meticulous to detail, have the ability to priorities tasks to meet tight deadlines, work well with teams and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
To be considered for our Student Program, you should be able to demonstrate an interest and skill in the following
- Be currently enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree in Chemistry or Materials engineering.
- Demonstrate good understanding of analytical chemistry methods, including instrumentation (FTIR, SEM, XRF, DSC) and wet chemical methods.
- Understanding of statistical methods and analysis.
- Participation in teleconferences with either customer or internal development partners expected, due to our geographical location.
- Experience in working within a cross functional team environment is highly desirable.
- Proficient in MS Office (Power Point, MS Excel, MS Word).
- Exhibit passion for self-drive, pro-activeness, accountability and excellence.
- Demonstrate good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must hold valid Australian driver's license.
- Be legally entitled to work full time (38 hours per week) in Australia.
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- A diverse and broad student placement.
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies.
- Attractive remuneration and conditions.
- Staff discount on Bosch and affiliated products.
- On site car parking.
- An internal network of students, to support your placement and learning.
- Access to an Employee Volunteering Program.
Applying for this vacancy
If this role interests you and you are excited to work with Bosch, send in your application and include your Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript in one single document (PDF or Word) outlining how you meet the requirements of the position.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role.