Supply Chain Manager
- Ellistones Ln, Greetland, Halifax HX4, UK
- Legal Entity: sia Fibral Ltd.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch. sia Abrasives (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non-woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The sites at sia Fibral Ltd, Greetland, West Yorkshire and sia Abrafoam Ltd, Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Target reporting to the Logistics Director for PA4 division (LOG-PA4) and disciplinary reporting to the Plant Manager this role will be to organise, co-ordinate, implement, execute and monitor the day-to-day logistics activities and strategies of our two-production locations sia Abrafoam Limited, Alfreton, Derbyshire and sia Fibral Limited, Greetland, West Yorkshire, while also taking full account of legislative requirements and site SHE and Q policies and procedures as well as adherence to Bosch standards/policies.
- achieving high customers service levels
- process improvement in the area of physical logistics, information flow, planning and departmental documentation
- compliance with requirements including investigation into customer complaints
- international trade paperwork and compliance in line with legal requirements as the Export Control Officer
- raw material and component planning, including production planning (demand and capacity planning, lead-time management)
- all inventory levels, short and long term planning, customer service levels including inventories in IDC (central warehouse)
- supply chain costs, budgetary control.
- management and development of the Logistics team
- define and implement the locations strategies in Logistics activities related to Source, Make and Deliver
- routine communications for activities
- process owner of supply validation in Greetland and Alfreton locations as integral part of the sia S&OP process and weekly meetings
- Pro-active communication in case of bottlenecks
- Team development, organisation and motivation.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Logistics team
- Prioritise and co-ordinate day-to-day departmental activities.
- Finished goods planning function to analyse/manage finished stock keeping units (SKU) produced and outside sources of supply and ensure the service level on the agreed lead times.
* Production planning and materials management expertise in a durable goods manufacturing environment, preferably involving chemicals * Ideally educated to A-level (A-C), or equivalent * Knowledge of import and export processes and logistics essential * Supervisory experience over a small group of employees located over multi sites essential * Ability to be build and maintain relationships * Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment * High degree of customer focus * Willingness to accept change * Proactive and positive approach to tasks * Proactive self-starter able to work under own direction, a “starter-completer" * Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook, knowledge of MS Axapta advantageous * Previous experience of working within a Lean manufacturing environment advantageous * Professionalism, team player, well organised, reactive and fast learner * Strong communicator, both oral and written: have a relatively outgoing personality, with a moral compass * Good analytical skills and excellent problem solving ability * Strong interpersonal skills (cooperation across hierarchies and international boundaries) *
Competitive benefits and services including pension, 7 x death in service benefit, 24* holidays (rising to 26 days after relevant service) + statutory leave, onsite Occupational Health, employee discounts (Perkbox) and on Bosch goods, development opportunities, close to motorway links and on-site parking