Senior Data Engineer for AI Enabling (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
In the recent years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI), a world leading enterprise research center for artificial intelligence. In addition to cutting-edge research, the BCAI has the mission to enable Bosch employees in data-driven methods, including data analytics and data engineering. For that purpose, BCAI’s Enabling team has developed a portfolio of programs to train engineers with different backgrounds in state-of-the-art data-driven technologies, such as distributed systems, databases, automated data pipelines, and data integration. For these programs, we are looking for a data engineer to fill this strategic role who enables domain experts in data-driven methods.
- You conduct trainings for Bosch engineers that combine the fundamental concepts of distributed systems and relevant technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, as well as (NoSQL) databases.
- You stay tuned on the latest research and technology trends, build prototypes, and create training material on these trends.
- Help shaping the future and counsel other Bosch employees in designing and implementing fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from multiple different storage systems.
- You work together with teams across Bosch’s globally operating business units.
- Furthermore, you share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to managers and key decision makers.
- You promote a culture of self-serving data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team! We would like to welcome you as soon as possible.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (www.bosch-ai.com)
- Education: excellent degree (PhD/Master) in computer science, natural science, engineering, or related discipline
- Personality: profound communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and motivating attitude, intrinsically motivated to learn new concepts
- Experience and Knowledge: experience in teaching complex content (e.g. tutorials), In-depth knowledge and working experience in programming (e.g. languages like Python, Scala, or C++), Big Data systems (e.g. databases and systems like Spark, Hadoop, or Kafka) and software engineering in general, experience in building reliable and well performing data pipelines, general understanding of machine learning concepts
- Languages: fluent in English, German is a plus
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Please add all relevant material to your application like a motivation letter and your credentials. Furthermore, feel free to add a link to any source code repository you might have.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)