2x Mechanical Engineering Students
- 1555 Centre Rd, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty. Ltd.
With a proud history dating back 133 years, the Bosch Group now employs more than 410,000 people across 165 countries. Bosch brings innovations that are “Invented for Life” in the fields of Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. To this day, Bosch remains privately owned, with 92% held by a charitable trust. Bosch is a rather special company.
Our Automotive Electronics Department is responsible for developing Body Computer Modules, Secure Central Gateways and Vehicle Security Products. With capabilities covering end-to-end the complete Development and New Product Introduction process we are managing and implementing global platform projects, tailored for our Original Equipment customers.
If you are motivated, innovative, and excited about working with some of the world's leading technology, then a career with Bosch is for you.
Robert Bosch (Australia) Pty Ltd is seeking 2x highly motivated and enthusiastic Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Students to join our Automotive Electronics team on a full time basis for 13 months commencing Jan 2022 and is based at our headquarters in Clayton, Melbourne.
You will gain invaluable experience and knowledge as an integral part of our Cross Domain Computing Solutions team. Some of the tasks that you will undertake with us include:
- Assist mechanical engineers in the design, development, testing and validation of new thermoplastic and Electromechanical products, components or systems
- Contribute to the successful introduction of products / changes into production and assist the cross functional team to achieve the project goals.
- Cooperate with all project team members on all issues needed to ensure successful completion of projects on time, in accordance with the project budget and to the expected quality level.
- Support the Design Engineers by conducting investigations or tests, and evaluate results and analyse data obtained.
- Ensure that all documentation generated is available as required and its quality is to the expected level.
You will find opportunities to develop your expertise and broaden your tertiary studies. A strong support network will smooth your entry into working life: a supervisor and a professional marketers will be there to help you succeed.
You will be meticulous to detail, have the ability to priorities tasks to meet tight deadlines, work well with teams and have excellent organisational and communications skills.
To be considered for our Student Program, you should be able to demonstrate an interest and skill in the following
- Be currently enrolled as an Undergraduate Degree.
- Experience with engineering tools (e.g. Creo, Catia).
- Knowledge of the traditional mechanical development lifecycle as well as agile methods
- Ability to work autonomously, self- driven, passion for learning, prioritising customer, and internal demands.
- Proficient in MS Office (Power Point, MS Excel, MS Word).
- Demonstrate good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be legally entitled to work full time (38 hours per week) in Australia.
As a values based organisation, we foster and engage a high-performing culture, and value and promote a diverse workforce, supporting equal opportunities for all of our employees. Bosch provides students with an excellent opportunity to learn and develop skills while working in a professional environment of a large, progressive multinational organisation, championing quality and innovation.
As an employer, we offer you:
- A diverse and broad student placement
- Excellent training and development opportunities to complement your tertiary studies, including our Student Development Program
- Attractive remuneration and conditions
- Staff discount on Bosch and affiliated products
- On site car parking
- A internal network of students, to support your placement and learning
- Access to an Employee Volunteering Program
Applying for this vacancy
If this role interests you and you are excited to work with Bosch, send in your application and include your Cover Letter, Resume and Academic Transcript in one single document (PDF or Word) outlining how you meet the requirements of the position.
Please note: You need to be an Australian citizen or hold appropriate Australian work rights to apply for this role.