2022 Quality Intern for Dremel & Power Tools North America - Year Long
- 1800 W Central Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
At Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 390,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 130 years.
As one of the world’s top 25 patent-earning companies, we average approximately eight per day.
Our Mount Prospect location offers engaging opportunities for engineering and technology professionals to support our renowned brands of handheld power tools. As a leading global technology and services supplier committed to innovative R&D, we’ll empower you to explore many established and emerging areas of expertise. These include mechanical and electrical engineering for product design and testing; 3-D digital fabrication; the Internet of things (IoT); software development; chat bots and cognitive computing; robotics; and IT project management.
This is your chance to go big. Go bold. And develop products that enhance the quality of life, with Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
This internship will be in the office - only local applicants will be considered.
The Bosch Quality Intern for Power Tools North America will be responsible to generate reports to steer the business to opportunities in cost savings and quality improvement. His/her main tasks are in close collaboration with Walnut Ridge, our National Reconditioning Center, determine and work with cross functional team in improvements on the the value chain to decrease External Defect Costs.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Mechanical Engineering program or have graduated within the last six months
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Some experience on quality activities preferred
- Strong detail orientation and time management skills
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug and background screen pre-employment
- Position only open to students who will not now, nor in the future require sponsorship to work in the US
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.