National Accounts Sales Internship
- 1800 W Central Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
At the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 138+ years.
With sales opportunities in retail, industrial, and e-commerce channels, we’re part of a global powerhouse earning $80 billion euros a year.
Play an integral role in a division that drives the success of our large, privately held consumer packaged goods organization. Offering the vast resources to maximize your effectiveness, we provide the support you need to achieve your most important objectives. Depending on your role within Sales, you can bring our products to market through three different and efficient channels: retail, industrial, and e-commerce. Featuring such popular brands as Bosch®, Dremel®, and Rotozip®, we offer opportunities to reinforce our strong reputation for quality, grow new business, and expand upon our existing relationships with some of the most influential distributors in power tools.
This is your chance to go big. Go bold. And use your sales skills to drive success on a massive scale, with Robert Bosch Tool Corporation.
This internship will be partially remote but the hired applicant will be expected to come into the Mount Prospect office. Only local applicants will be considered.
Our National Accounts Sales team is dedicated to providing best-in-class account management for our most strategic distribution partners to drive market share growth. This Sales Intern role is focused on supporting that team and our customers in day-to-day and long-term strategic activities.
The successful candidate is one who takes initiative, takes a professional approach to customer communication, doesn’t hesitate to make constructive suggestions, is looking for an opportunity to join a national brand selling through distribution, is a team player, and most of all is results-oriented. This is an extraordinary opportunity to generate success, with equal learning and contributing.
- Support sales team with day-to-day account maintenance tasks such as customer presentations, event and show planning, new items set up and customer data maintenance, routing price adjustments and no charge orders for approval
- Report on and analyze sales and customer data to identify account and market opportunity and operational efficiencies (with direction and collaboration from team)
- Maintain budgets for team and provide regular updates
- Participate in promotional and marketing planning sessions and report on post promotional effectiveness
- Participation in customer meetings, events and shows where needed
- Back office support as needed
- Bird dog escalated issues with customer service and channel marketing teams when needed
We are looking for assertive, energetic, professional and creative people to join our team. The individual that will succeed in this role will have recently completed or will soon complete an undergrad or MBA program with study area in marketing or sales.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be currently enrolled or recently graduated within the past six months from an accredited Sales or Markerting program
- Must be proficient is MS office, specifically Microsoft excel.
- Must be ready to learn and contribute equally
- Must have professional communication skills
- Must be both strategic & analytical
We have a strong track record of migrating this internship into full time employment after 6 months to 1 year of working experience and would like to continue that trend with the right Sales Intern.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check
- Position only open to students with US work authorization who will not now, nor in the future, require sponsorship
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.