Technical Author Owner Information Development
- 1555 Fairlane Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Inc.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Technical Author for Owner Information Development (Direct) is responsible for developing Owner Information content and working with client and internal teams within a fast-paced creative environment. The team as a whole is charged with producing high quality textual, visual and multimedia information products for a variety of vehicle clients, primarily within the automotive industry.
As a Technical Author, you will be responsible to:
- Work closely with team lead and client to communicate project status/delivery
- Attend Engineering meetings, as needed, to obtain new or changed model year program features
- Work with team leads and local experts to understand and obtain regional homologation/localization information and help to incorporate into final product according to country requirements
- Participate in vehicle validations to ensure all validations are complete and on time
- Solid understanding of authoring tools (XML/SGML), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Understand of Relational database a plus.
- Work with team members to improve communication, cooperation and operational efficiency
- Support training of new staff
- Support Process Improvement Requests
- Support Content Development Layered Process Audits
- Support Content Development employee development
- Support development of projects from one development milestone to the next
- Escalate open issues to team lead as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of experience working collaboratively with creative and client service teams in fast-paced environment, preferably from the automotive industry.
- Ability to dialog freely with internal teams about projects to ensure solutions are well planned.
- Knowledge of structured authoring systems utilizing SGML/XML/DITA XML formats to produce information.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough approach to follow-through on all tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies.
- Ability to interface with many personalities.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Exchange or equivalent email package.
- Ability to envision, plan, implement and manage new activities.
- Enthusiastic and well organized.
- Successful at maintaining schedules and raising issues as necessary.
- Self-starter with a curiosity to learn more about design, technology and information delivery.
- Managing resources from multiple teams to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work with domestic and international business cultures.
This position is for U.S. work authorized individuals only. Sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
It is the policy of Bosch to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Bosch does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law.