Director of Automotive Aftermarket Warehouse and Distribution Operations
- 855 Camp Creek Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30336, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology– with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Position your career for long term success by joining the world's most admired motor vehicle parts supplier as ranked by Fortune for the third consecutive year.
The Director of Trade Warehouse Operations for Source-to-Deliver is responsible for the GS North American Trade Warehouse Operations currently comprised of 5 warehouses in the USA and Canada with an average of 500 associates, 55m USD operational budget and 1.7b USD in yearly turnover.
The Director of Trade Warehouse Operations performs a variety of tasks to ensure company objectives for cost savings, warehouse operational efficiencies and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. An ideal candidate will have a “hands-on” mentality, while creating functional strategies and a world-class organization.
This position is responsible for
· Managing the day to day warehousing operations for 5 different warehouses including all of the following tasks: receiving, put away, picking, packing, shipping, managing customer and vendor returns, quality inspections on product suspected of damage, planning and scheduling of all warehouse floor operations, managing the flow of picking orders to optimize the mix between pallet picks vs carton picks and control the flow of product into the final pack stations and management of a conveyor system which supports supply of product to small and large pack packing stations.
· Leading cross-functional teams and providing functional expertise and guidance to others with a focus on continuously improving the Warehouse Operations and Key Performance Indicators such as Quality, Performance, Costs and Productivity, amongst others.
· Oversees the staff activities to make sure operations flow smoothly, instructs accordingly, and motivates them to perform.
· Steering and implementing strategic initiatives that directly influence short and mid-term impact on company growth, financial results, customer relationships, and associate relations.
· Steering innovation, modernization, standardization, automation, digitalization and footprint related projects or initiatives and leading their deployment or implementation.
· Steering and implementing new and upgraded warehouse management systems such as EWM, JDA and SAPWM across all warehouses.
· Serving as the contact person for Supply chain functions, ensuring internal and external targets are being met.
· Providing leadership and administrative support for the Automotive Aftermarket and Power Tools warehouse operations to ensure that quality, safety, site security as well as building and equipment maintenance are optimized.
· Participating at high levels of the organization in making strategic decisions regarding the organization’s direction
· Managing all business relationships with Automotive Aftermarket and Power Tools leadership teams to ensure target alignment, operational performance and budget preparation and achievement through weekly and monthly business reviews.
· Championing process improvements and strategic projects across the NA sites
· Establishes, follows and enforces safety standards and procedures in compliance with a healthy work environment and legal requirements.
· Promoting an environment of empowerment, development, diversity and inclusion throughout the organization
· Bachelor degree in Supply Chain-Management, Engineering or similar field
· 10+ years of experience in warehouse operations, process and optimization
· Experience in steering and implementing strategic initiatives
· Ability to communicate to various levels of the organization in a way that promotes empowerment and inclusion
· Ability to work under pressure for continuous periods of time
· Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and motivate others to execute
· Ability to influence large cross functional teams and drive changes and solutions
· Ability to well represent Source to Deliver at BV level events through the use of strong and effective communication and presentation skills
· Ability to objectively present a subject and engage with others in a collaborative manner
· Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and direct reports who each supervise 50+ associates
· 5+ Years of Experience ins BPS, Lean- and Quality Tools
· 5+ Years of Experience in leading complex projects including having had Project Management experience
· Master degree in Supply Chain-Management, Engineering or similar field
· Experience in working within a multi-cultural organization
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
Open to STX, LTX and NCX applicants.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce-EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives:
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)