Technical customer interface Cross-computing solutions
- Via Natalia Ginzburg, 41123 Modena MO, Italy
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we care; for you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch-teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond ‘business’. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
What will you take care of?
Robert Bosch is looking for a passionate Engineer to become part of a well-established, successful and dynamic global team to represent its products at a major Automaker. The selected individual will need to possess great electrical / electronic and software engineering curiosity and have an outstanding mindset of customer service and cooperation. This position would provide opportunities for growth, international experiences, travel and exposure to innovative automotive technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Help integrate Bosch automotive electronic products into vehicles while providing a positive experience for a major Automaker.
- Act as liaison to support Bosch and a major Automaker’s engineering team.
- Assist in defining product requirements.
- Evaluate design alternatives.
- Root cause technical issues and drive process improvements.
- Oversee, review, and report program milestones.
- Release products in the Automaker’s database, as needed.
- Mainly residing at the Automaker’s location.
In particular you will:
Technical support at the customer: Validation Plan discussion; Technical Assessment with customer; ECR discussion;
Project management support for technical issues
Determine, prepare and coordinate vehicle tests in Bosch Turin facilities
Define and evaluate mounting positions XC systems in vehicles (support to Local CAD
Offices acc. to Bosch Guidelines)
Technical failure analysis and problem solving on vehicle level
Analyses of field claims and special cases concerning customer complaints and quality improving measures
Analyze and contain problems during series or pre-production launch at customer plant and for prototype deliveries
Technical support to SQW
Contribute to the customer specific engineering activities according to their processes and tools
Attend/support in organization of customer core engineering meetings and bring open items to closure.
Attend all relevant meetings at OEM (Packaging, EMC, diagnostic review, etc) and at Bosch (Staff, management 1:1, and cross-functional team meetings).
Support review and provide inputs to owners and service manuals.
Provide on-site support at FCA and/or Tier 1 assembly plants.
Support in managing customer requirement changes.
Coordinate delivery/order of vehicles and components needed by the Bosch engineers to do their job (e.g. calibrations, validation).
Provide launch support at OEM and/or Tier 1 plants (e.g. visits, re-flash actions, kit-file management)
Troubleshoot in-vehicle issues and re-flash vehicles as needed.
Support bench and vehicle validation efforts at the OEM.
What distinguishes you?
Master degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, CE or related Engineering discipline)
2+ years of experience in the field of mobility-based controls / systems engineering with Control Area Network systems experience.
Excellent communication skills in both oral and written form.
Strong presentation skills to an internal team, as well as a customer audience.
2+ years of experience in calibration of controls software.
5+ years of experience in the field of mobility-based controls / systems engineering with Control Area Network systems experience.
- Understanding and experience with vehicle communication protocols and associated programming and monitoring tools.
- Ability to use measurement equipment such as Multi-meter, Oscilloscope and others as needed.
- Knowledge of circuits - ability to read and understand component level and vehicle schematics.
- Understanding of embedded software and microcontroller architecture. Software development experience would be a bonus.
- Willingness to engage with other disciplines (for example mechanical and project management).
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Able to create an effective professional network.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that can relate to other’s perspectives.
- Superior customer relations.
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure to meet program and product milestones.
- Excellent time management skills - manage multiple simultaneous projects efficiently.
- Takes self-ownership and responsibility of the project, in his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity and character.
Bosch is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or any other protected class.