Senior UX Designer / Design Thinking Coach
- 1800 W Central Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
At the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, we know that every career matters. Which is why you should conduct yours on a grand scale. Headquartered in the northwest Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, we are a $990 million division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization and the largest privately held employer in the world.
Guided by the principles of founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are but a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 135+ years.
Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool in 1934, the Dremel brand has been helping users with its full line of versatile, easy-to-use tool systems that deliver the perfect solution for almost any job. From our Dremel rotary tools, Multi-Max™ oscillating tools, Ultra-Saw™ and Saw-Max™ multi-saws, and the Idea Builder™ 3D printer, users have come to know and trust the brand to complete their projects. Combining compact size, ergonomic design, precision and versatility with a wide range of highly engineered accessories, Dremel tools are used to accomplish numerous applications in a variety of materials.
We are hiring a Senior UX Designer / Design Thinking Coach for the Dremel brand to help define and drive our goal of becoming a user centered brand. As Senior UX Designer / Design Thinking Coach, you:
- Support the Dremel brand in developing user insight driven innovations through product design and introducing a user centered design process.
- Are a UX and Design Thinking ambassador, and will enable our organization to drive user centered product and service innovation. You transfer knowledge and coach UX methods and processes.
- Identify blind spots in our user understanding, as well as initiate user- and market research projects.
- Will be responsible for conception, development and conduction of consulting services with focus on user centered product design and service development.
- Support design thinking project teams from the ideation phase to prototyping and user testing of concepts.
- Translate user insights to specify technical requirements and marketing concepts in collaboration with cross-functional project teams.
- Exchange, transfer knowledge and cooperate with teams and business units across the globe.
- Cross BU alignment and collaboration within center of competence user research.
- You have a degree in business, technical, or marketing, with a focus on design
- Minimum of 5-8 years of professional relevant experience, with 3+ years of experience in innovation or Design Thinking consultancy/ agency/ or equivalent corporate department, with a proven track record of accomplished UX-/ Design Thinking innovation projects
- Supplementing working experience in industrial design/ product design, market research, product marketing, innovation management
- Professional competence: knowledge of Design Thinking process and related methods/ tools, moderation and visualization skills with a self-organized working style
- Leadership competence: self-confidence, professional poise and resilience
- Interpersonal competence: strong ability to work in a team, empathy, responsibility and persuasiveness
- Good know-how of traditional and digital requirements for future user touch-points
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Curiosity for new challenges ("self-starter" mentality)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
We require indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.