PhD Industry Sabbatical at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Robert-Bosch-Campus, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The research team at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) provides the opportunity for candidates currently enrolled as PhD students in machine learning, computer science, or a related field to perform an 'industry sabbatical' for 3-12 months. At BCAI we build the foundation to generate real-world impact through cutting-edge research focusing on safe, secure, robust, and explainable AI. We design and implement AI for smart, connected, and autonomous technologies across Bosch business sectors. During the industry sabbatical you will get the chance to develop and implement novel algorithms, and evaluate them on multi-modal open and Bosch datasets. Together with BCAI researchers you will perform original research, theoretical investigations, and aim to publish at top conferences. The goal is to define the topic in such a way that it is closely related to your PhD topic.
Possible research areas include, but are not limited to:
- Data Efficiency in Deep Learning (in particular synthetic data generation, few-shot learning, smart data augmentation, ..)
- Uncertainty in Deep Learning (in particular uncertainty estimation, OOD and anomaly detection,..)
- Natural Language Processing (e.g., neural information extraction, low resource NLP, explainable NLP, domain robustness)
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (e.g., neural-symbolic reasoning and learning, declarative problem solving)
- Automated Machine Learning (in particular neural architecture search)
- Deep Learning for 3D point clouds (in particular applications to radar and lidar)
- Robustness of Deep Learning (both against natural and adversarial perturbations)
- Inductive biases for including domain knowledge in deep learning based perception
Please name 1 to 3 topics of the above list or explicitly state your field of interest in your application.
Competitive candidates will have a track record of research excellence, a strong recommendation from a research supervisor, excellent programming skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in computer science or a related technical field
- Master degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or related fields
- Research experience in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, natural language understanding, robotics or computer vision from previous internships, work, personal projects, and/or lab work
- Good publication record, at least one publication at tier-1 conferences in the field of machine learning, robotics, natural language processing or computer vision (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, ICLR, etc)
- Proven programming skills, in particular Python
- Strong team player and very good English skills (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, record of publications)
You can find more information on the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence here: https://www.bosch-ai.com/
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223