Resident Engineer - Driving & Parking Systems at Honda
- Honda Pkwy, Allen Township, OH, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Welcome to Cross-Domain Computing Solutions. Or in short: XC – where many become one. And where joint forces become the enabler for joint work within a collaborative division. So that people not only work together, but also act and grow together. Where new synergies, new energy, and new potentials arise.
As one of the largest North American automotive suppliers, Bosch develops Driver Assistance functions like Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Predictive Emergency Brake Systems (PEBS), Lane Departure Warning/Keeping Systems (LDW, LKS), Predictive Pedestrian Protection, Road Sign recognition, head light control, Advanced Parking Assistance, 3D surround view and many more.
We develop state of the art systems as well as advanced features leading to partly/highly automated driving. Join us to become part of the exciting and growing field of Driver Assistance for Commercial Vehicles.
As a Resident Engineer, they are the face of Bosch at the customer. They act as the technical interface between development and the customer, and support the integration of Bosch products on customer vehicles. Some of the tasks as a Resident Engineer are outlined below.
- On site support at Honda
- Support integration tests at System Bench and Safety Bench
- Perform Bench retrofit and SW reflash
- Troubleshooting vehicle performance issues
- Perform Release verification for product releases
- Release SW Files to OEM system
- Perform and support Calibration Release Verification
- Release official calibration to OEM system
- Troubleshooting SW and Cals at customer and at Bosch
- Simulate and reproduce failures reported by customer at the bench and support Bench/HIL team
- Open/Track/Close tickets - provide logs, steps and information when issue is reported.
- Interact with the OEM Release Engineers and cross functional teams
- Create engineering work orders for part number releases
- Release Bosch products into OEM system
- Troubleshoot developer vehicles
- Participate in customer vehicle readiness review
- Provide onsite technical support to the OEM design and studio teams
Other Workplace Considerations:
- May require short notice local travel
- This role will work on-site at Honda facilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in the field of mobility-based controls / systems engineering with Control Area Network systems experience
- Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, CE or related Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience in calibration of controls software.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of mobility-based controls / systems engineering with Control Area Network systems experience
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written form
- Strong presentation skills to an internal team, as well as a customer audience
Join us, and let’s write our neXt Chapter!
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)