Business Development Manager Technical Complex Solution Sales at Bosch IoT Start-up
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
We are an innovative startup from Bosch, called Security and Safety Things (https://www.securityandsafetythings.com/), working to build an open application platform for IP cameras. Using our Android-based (AOSP) operating system, developers can build edge-based computer vision applications to solve traditional problems in the area of security and safety as well as advanced use cases for business intelligence. We are enabling our partners to develop applications in domains such as smart cities, airport security, brick-and-mortar retail analytics, smart buildings, manufacturing, and more.
Our team benefits from a state-of-the-art Tech Stack, an inspiring working environment with a lot of creative freedom, and additionally from our worldwide network, inside and outside of the Bosch-group.
The Security and Safety Things GmbH is looking forward to your application!
As a Business Development Manager you will play a leading role in building up a partner network in North American. Geographic focus of this role is North America, reporting into the Director of App Enablement Competence Center in Pittsburgh.
The main elements of your role will be:
- Build productive, partnering relationships with integrators, camera manufacturers and end-users.
- Develop and maximize company application revenue and strategic value in line with our go-to-market strategy.
- Experience in segmenting and prioritizing market opportunities, and establish related go-to-market plans to focus business development efforts.
- Promote key application partners and their applications to Integrators and end-users, resulting in active and regular application purchases on Security and Safety Things platform marketplace.
- Participate in fairs and events to strengthen your network, and represent our company to partners and prospects.
- Leverage CRM tools (e.g. in Hubspot) and track partner development progress, anticipate and manage risks, and create opportunities to ensure target goals achievement.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or IT
- Experience: 3 - 5+ years of experience in sales and business development for applications and software products as well as experience in the physical security or IoT markets and understanding in channel and end user markets. 3 - 5+ years of B2B sales experience in key industry segments.
- Ability to travel: Willingness to travel to partner meetings or the Pittsburgh Office from time to time
- Personality: You are success-driven, characterized as a person with ambition and motivation. You are persuasive in selling value propositions and creative solutions. You have excellent communication skills, and are comfortable conveying key messages in written, oral and presentation format to upper management.
- Working practice: Your working style can be described as collaborative, autonomous, proactive and structured.
- Know-How: You have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the capability to draw decisions based on both intuition and data. You have solid negotiation skills. Security industry applications experience is a plus!
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of a dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- Last but not least: Pittsburgh is a leading hub for artificial intelligence and robotics, and is highly ranked in The Economist’s Global Liveability Ranking.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Contact HR department: