- 15 Spiral Dr, Florence, KY 41042, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
- Trouble shoot SAP issues as necessary
- Release material against blanket purchase orders (Domestic and International Suppliers) to support production schedule as well as pass-thru business. Communicate schedule updates with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production levels.
- Track Supplier delivery performance and follow up on past due suppliers. Drive corrective action with all late suppliers.
- Communicate information as required to departments and personnel within the company.
- Work to drive out root causes of inventory inaccuracy, with the goal of improving overall system reliability.
- Manage part shortage report on daily basis and report as necessary in production meeting.
- Follow-up and expedite materials as needed to meet customer requirements
- Reduce excess inventory to increase inventory turns.
- Work with the logistics coordinator to reduce freight costs.
- Planners are responsible for proposing process improvements and the generation or management of key reports and metrics.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily incoming EDI.
- Daily communication with planners to avoid any supplier shortage
- Minimize any premium freight impacts.
- Set up new customer scheduling agreements and part numbers according to internal order from sales.
- Check the customer demand compare to the capacity contracted and alert if the demand is over MCR.
- Develop partnership with customer.
- Work with shipping to ensure all customer requirements are clearly understood and met.
- Set up expedites to the customer as required and communicate with Transportation Company to preclude delays in transit.
- Maintain all customer systems (Covisint, DDL, Smart, Supply Power)
- Responsible for monitoring customer orders and communicate any significant fluctuations. Negotiate any premium expenses with the customer that may result from customer order changes.
- Trouble shoot SAP issues as necessary.
- Analyze customer releases for short term changes and long term forecast.
- Responsible for the relationship with the customer material planner and prompt responses to all customer requests. Each customer has unique requirements that must be followed. Reference individual customer work instructions for daily tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Basic language skills required
- Extensive math skills required
- Individual must have ability to make independent decisions that may be of a complex nature.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
· Must have Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook software. Must have skills and knowledge of SAP and other software packages (Ex: Axalant, Test Software).
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Individual must possess the interpersonal skills communicate with not only coworkers but all personnel levels (VP, BU Mgr, line workers).
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Must have the ability to work in an office environment, which could include sitting or standing for the majority of the day. Responsibilities include the need to lift, carry, push, and pull material on an infrequent basis. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited institution (ex. CHEA) or 5 years’ experience in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, Capacity Planning, Production Planning, Purchasing or similar discipline.
Associate level Requirements (-)
- 0-1 year in Logistics management, Supply chain management, Capacity planning, Production planning, Purchasing or similar discipline.
- MS Office familiarity
Senior level Requirements (+)
- 5+ years in Logistics management, Supply chain management, Capacity planning, Production planning, Purchasing or similar discipline or 2+ years in Logistics management, Supply chain management and completion of formal PDT/JMP training.
- SAP similar ERP system using inventory control methods (i.e. MRP) working knowledge of MS office
- Demonstrated team lead or first-line supervision experience.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.