Backend Software Engineer
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. We are a motivated global team within the BCAI with the mission to incubate, create and roll out AI solutions to Bosch. We work closely with domain experts on real world applications to transform Bosch into a data driven company.
- Your will work together with data scientists to build scalable and reliable AI solutions. You will contribute to product development and create tools for our end-users. You will have direct impact on new and exciting AI solutions that will change Bosch’s products and processes.
- You will take ownership of specific components, make them reliable and scalable. You will participate in the operation of the services to take end-to-end responsibility. Together with your teammates, you will foster the software engineering culture in our team.
- You value the principles of the Agile Manifesto. You like to continuously grow your skills and support your colleagues in improving theirs. You take pride in writing and delivering production grade code. You will collaborate with various levels of management and technical staff.
- Education: Excellent degree (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a related field
- Personality: keen to learn new technologies and share knowledge, a team player and as well as able to work independently, reliable, and motivated
- Experience and Knowledge:
- 2+ years’ professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in two or more modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Java or Go) and Linux
- General understanding of machine learning methods and experience in developing software in AI or data centric domains
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, maintainable and production grade code
- Demonstrated experience in working with web development frameworks (e.g. Express or flask) and building elegant REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational and No-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices: code reviews, CI/CD, testing, operations
- Knowledge in cloud technologies, k8s and deep learning is a big plus
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team! We would like to welcome you as soon as possible.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (www.bosch-ai.com)
Please submit all relevant documents (curriculum vitae, letter of motivation and certificates). We encourage you to also to send links to relevant code that you have worked on, such as links to your GitHub, GitLab or Stack Overflow account.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotly or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Sven Lindenschmid (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 91204