- Andrei Sakharov St, Haifa, Israel
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Technologies Israel Ltd.
Robert Bosch Technologies Israel Ltd is a new subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH in Israel, focusing on two main activities: technology scouting, and Artificial Intelligence research.
As part of Bosch's drive to internationalize research, our scouts connect Bosch Corporate Research with leading edge technology and innovation in the Israeli ecosystem. Our scouting activities aim to enhance collaboration with academia, industry, and with innovative startups in distinctive leading fields in Israel, such as Artificial Intelligence; Computer Vision; Cybersecurity; IIoT; Autonomous Systems and Robotics.
Parallel to the scouting activities we are launching the first organic research group for Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) in Israel, focusing mainly on research and academic collaboration in the fields of Deep Learning. Main initial applications are in the areas of Autonomous Systems, and Industrial Robotics.
- Research and development of novel reinforcement learning algorithms for self-driving cars/manipulation robotics
- Focus on development of scalable RL algorithms that work reliably for real world applications
- In particular, focus on model-based RL for physical systems and deep RL for complex decision problems.
- Original research and publications at top Machine Learning conferences and journals desired
- Transfer of state-of-the-art research results to Bosch applications
- Technical discussions and creation of new ideas within the existing Reinforcement Learning research team
- PhD in Machine Learning or related field (Mathematics, Physics, Control Theory, Robotics)
- Experience in development and implementation of novel algorithms
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and statistical principles
- Proven programming skills, in particular in Python
- Drive to create methods that make a difference for real world applications and to be part of team
- Strong English skills
- Motivation and ability to define personal research roadmap
- Ability to collaborate with an international interdisciplinary teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Humility and willingness to learn