- 1 Allison Way, Indianapolis, IN 46222, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Inc.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
As a Technical Author, you will develop and update illustrated parts catalogs and technical manuals from engineering bill of materials, drawings, client specifications / expectations and current product information.
Your Primary Responsibilities Will Include:
- Ability to develop illustrated parts catalogs from bill of materials, engineering drawings
- Developing technical information using client supplied resources, such as subject matter experts, product teardowns and engineering schematics.
- Processing parts release notifications by pulling data from customer PLM system.
- Consulting with various client contacts, subject matter experts, and customer engineering systems to gather product specific information.
- Participating in meetings with clients and co-workers.
- Working directly with customer contacts to guide them through problem resolution.
- Authoring service information using various electronic systems, such as Microsoft Word and XML.
- Validating technical information based on client-supplied information.
- Advises Project Manager of project status and potential issues.
- Completing various additional assignments as directed by Project Manager
- Utilizing various computer systems for delivery of the final product to client.
This position requires the associate to work at a customer site in Indianapolis, IN.
- Bachelor's Degree with a Technical focus or equivalent of 3 years of work experience required.
- Experience in writing and updating parts catalogs (preferred).
- Able to read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written communication, such as client communications and technical information.
- Knowledge of modern medium/heavy truck automatic transmission applications preferred.
- Able to communicate ideas, in text format and verbally, in a clear, concise manner.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency with structured data (XML, SGML) preferred.
- Proficiency with SAP/PLM preferred.
Must be eligible to work in the US without VISA sponsorship.
Not eligible for VA/VN assignment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.