Internship in the area of Chemical Process Development MFR
- Hamelendreef, 3300 Tienen, Belgium
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Produktie NV
The Electrical Drives division is the technology leader in electrical systems and mechatronics and automotive applications.
At the site in Tienen, Belgium, Robert Bosch Production NV sets the Global standards as the Lead-Plant of Windshield wiper blades and Wiper arms. The plant, 30 km east of Brussels is the largest of its kind in the world. Every day up to 130,000 wiper blades are made. Furthermore, the Tienen plant is the Robert Bosch main wiper rubber supplier with 350,000 wiper rubbers produced every day, for assembly of blades in Tienen, Serbia, China, Brazil and Mexico.
To be able to perform it’s task as lead plant and competence center rubber, the plant has a unique setup with all manufacturing, material and product development, process development and lab facilities and know how in one site, from raw material to finished product.
The Group of "Chemical Process Development" is responsible for the introduction of innovative process and measurement technologies, as well as the continuous optimization of current production processes for the manufacturing of rubber products.
To manufacture a wiper rubber, a wide range of production techniques and corresponding measurement systems is used, from rubber mixing, to extrusion, injection moulding, surface treatment, wet and powder coating to cutting.
We offers participation in projects of improvement, development and design of manufacturing processes and measurement systems.
The tasks include:
- Collaboration in the design and set up of Engineering equipment
- Assistance in planning and carrying out experiments and capability analysis in development projects or in running series production
- Analysis of data, elaboration of cause and effect relations, problem solving
Our internship offers you a great opportunity to experience simultaneous engineering and production improvement in a cutting edge industrial environment.
If you look for a position where you can take initiative, learn and bring added value in an industrial and development environment, you’re the student we are looking for.
- Student in the areas of engineering (Bachelor / Master)
- Background in the areas of chemical engineering, chemistry, or an affinity for chemistry is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus
- Good MS Office skills
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken); optional Dutch
- Capable of open communication, team-oriented and sense for responsibility
- Eager to learn and take initiative
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
- Intercultural awareness and understanding
The internship requires that you have the nationality of a EU-country or that you are taking part in the Erasmus- or Leonardo program.
We have open positions. Duration: 6 months.
The personal experience of the interns is usually the following: The company employs 10-15 interns all year round from various countries. Therefore this is also a great opportunity to enhance your social and language skills. The interns live mostly in Tienen or in Leuven, known as a multicultural university city.
You recieve 700 € as expense reimbursement per month.