Senior Solutions Architect
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
We are an innovative startup from Bosch, called Security and Safety Things (https://www.securityandsafetythings.com/), working to build an open application platform for IP cameras. Using our Android-based (AOSP) operating system, developers can build edge-based computer vision applications to solve traditional problems in the area of security and safety as well as advanced use cases for business intelligence. We are enabling our partners to develop end-to-end solutions in domains such as smart cities, airport security, brick-and-mortar retail analytics, smart buildings, manufacturing, and more.
As solution architect, you have broad technical skills in distributed systems, IoT, cloud infrastructure, APIs, and integration architecture. You engage with end customers and partners to elicit use cases and requirements. Next you design and implement solutions that integrate data from a wide range of software and hardware components. These components include S&ST cameras, third party computer vision apps, video management systems, and cloud analytics platforms. Specific duties include:
- Elicit customer requirements and use cases, then create a comprehensive architecture for an end-to-end solution
- Design and implement proofs-of-concept (PoC) as well as production solutions
- Design and lead the development of solutions involving multiple distributed software and hardware components
- Coordinate and facilitate the efforts of internal and external software teams
- Work to keep the solution development projects on track
- BS Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field
- 5+ years professional experience in a cloud or IoT environment
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems in cloud or IoT domains.
- Familiarity with fundamentals of Android Development
- Project management skills
- Customer-focused mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with adapting existing software to work with 3rd party APIs
- Master’s degree in IT or Business
- Proficient in using common development tools including source control, IDEs, and continuous integration
- Experience using and / or implementing REST services
- Experience with visual integration tools such as NodeRed and ThingsBoard.io
- Experience with common data formats, communication protocols, and messaging systems for IoT including JSON, MQTT, AMQP, Rabbit-MQ
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of a dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
- Last but not least: Pittsburgh is a leading hub for artificial intelligence and robotics, and is highly ranked in The Economist’s Global Liveability Ranking.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Contact HR department:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
This is a Pittsburgh, PA based role with access to Bosch’s Smart Work flexible work program