IoT Technology Lead
- Ambachtenlaan, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
- Legal Entity: The KOBI Company B.V.
The Bosch Group is familiar to you, isn't it? No? Know that we have progressive operations in automotive materials, automation technology, packaging machines, power tools, thermal technology, household appliances, security technology, etc. In 2020, we had a sales figure of approx. 71,6 billion EUR. Will you become a colleague of our approx. 394.500 employees? Then you will soon belong to one of the largest industrial companies in the world.
We will combine your strengths with ours. This strengthens our strongest assets, namely future-oriented thinking and working, delivering sound quality and offering knowledge of products and services.
Our division Power Tools is growing in robotics. They are developing innovative, useful, and exciting products and solutions to enhance quality of life, providing more convenience for the user and increased productivity. We want you to join our team in Leuven, Belgium to help developing it! Given our strong growth and new product developments, we can offer you an exciting career path and a challenging environment, alongside experienced team members. And last but not least, we believe building robots is (and should be) fun!
You will have the unique chance to take technical responsibility for our ground-breaking Robotic Lawnmowers. This opportunity requires unique skills, experience and mind-set to drive industry leading innovation.
Your everyday role will include:
- Defining the technical connectivity and IoT architecture of our next generation robotic lawnmowers consisting of embedded electronics, connectivity interfaces and protocols, back-end and cloud infrastructure as well as integration with smartphone apps
- Drive the development of the respective technology building blocks (hard- / software) and interfaces with end-to-end responsibility from concept stage to market
- Work with the Product Owner to drive continuous product improvement, feature upgrades and innovation.
- Collaboration with internal and external development partners, universities and start-ups
What distinguishes you:
- Master’s or PhD degree level in Computer Science, Electronics or similar
- Solid experience and proven track record in connectivity systems design, communication standards and protocols with their physical implementation into products (embedded electronics), backend, IoT and cloud solutions
- Advise on emerging IoT and Robotics trends/technologies
- Strong autonomous style of working
- Excellent project management skills
- Good understanding of system and software development processes as well as requirements analysis experience
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual ability
- Strong sense of ownership
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Excited to work in a start-up environment
Your technical skills:
- Experience with IoT, Cloud and Mobile technologies as well as communications protocols, SIM technologies, and e2e IoT Security and IoT devices
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, scalable products using a structured system development life cycle.
- Extensive experience in SW development processes, esp. in cross-domain agile team setups
- A challenging environment with interesting career opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Full health and pension benefits
- Work permit assistance (if relevant)
- Flexible working hours