Autonomous Driving – Lead Robotics Engineer - Planning
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which continuously shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles not only one step further but all the way then we would like to hear from you.
In particular we are looking for an experienced lead robotics engineer for our Planner team, with outstanding expertise in the field of planning and proven software engineering skills.
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate next-generation algorithms for:
- Planning under uncertainty, probabilistic approaches in robotics, and novel ways for risk-aware intelligent decision making in uncertain environments.
- Align the overall planning component vision and roadmap by shaping technical discussion within the team and creating consensus.
- Deliver reliable software through code reviews, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Analyze performance based on simulation and real-world testing.
- Strong Expertise in planning under uncertainty and novel ways for risk-aware intelligent decision making in uncertain environments.
- Working experience in the field of automated driving.
- Strong background in probabilistic robotics.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong background in writing algorithms in C++ efficiently and correctly in a production environment (code reviews, unit tests, …).
- Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems.
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Robotics/Computer Science (or related field) .
- Bachelor of Science plus 6+ years of industry experience
- Master of Science plus 4+ years of industry experience
- PhD plus 2+ years of industry experience
- PhD in relevant field of probabilistic robotics plus 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with physically realistic simulations (timing frameworks, physical modeling and validation, hardware-in-the-loop).
- Strong expertise in code optimization.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)