Autonomous Driving – Senior Software Engineer
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles not only one step further but all the way then we would like to hear from you.
In particular we are looking for an innovative and experienced software engineer to help architect and build a framework connecting all relevant artifacts from different domains relevant for our autonomous driving product development.
You will be part of a global team working on the very fabric to keep all steps and artifacts of our product development process in sync and ensure traceability, transparency and consistency across the different work products in an automated fashion. This involves not only code but also design documents, product requirements, safety concepts as well as the link to our data.
In short you will hbuild the machine which allows our R&D teams to complete and release a first automated driving product.
- Align with architects and product owners on the technical product roadmap for our next generation development environment for robotic applications and derive implementation strategies from it
- Propose state of the art “everything as code” principles to experts from all domains and drive their adoption within the organization
- Realize the tooling by for example, designing and implement domain specific languages (DSL) to connect all domains relevant for the development process
- Implement testing on unit and component level to ensure the quality of your code as well as consistency checks during runtime to ensure compliant user interaction with your developed tooling
- Work hand in hand with the DevOps and SRE team to continuously test and deploy your product increments into production and make it available to all relevant development projects on a global scale
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong background in theoretical computer science focused on meta-model and programming language design as well as software compilation
- Extensive experience in software architecture design
- Excellent C/C++ programming as well as scripting skills, e.g. in Ruby/Python/Elixir
- Strong Linux skills
- Ability do debug from application to kernel level
- Ability and flexibility to work and communicate effectively in a multi-national, multi-time-zone corporate environment
- Self-motivated and excellent team player
- Knowledge in development and deployment of safety critical applications
- Good understanding of embedded system, SW/HW cross-domain knowledge
- Experience in tool qualification according to e.g. ISO standards
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)