Autonomous Driving – DevOps Engineer
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA, United States
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles not only one step further but all the way then we would like to hear from you.
In particular we are looking for an innovative and experienced DevOps engineer to help architect, build and operate the IT infrastructure and modern software tools for developing self-driving vehicles. You will be part of the DevOps team working on every step of the software development and automation process in order to enable our R&D teams.
- Architect the development environment including scalable infrastructure and innovative frameworks to build, test and deploy our system software
- Support the continuous improvement of our development landscape and bring in new innovative approaches to boost the effectiveness and efficiency of our SW engineers
- Consult our R&D teams, including the development of specialized R&D tools
- Automate all relevant steps from writing code to shipping software to our test vehicles
- Promote solid software-development practices
At least a Bachelor degree in CS, CE, E/E or comparable
Minimum 3-4, preferably 5+ years of experience in DevOps or comparable field providing you with
- Expert Linux skills
- Understanding two-factor authentication including certificate management
- C++ 11and up as well as STL project experience to enable sophisticated root cause analysis (e.g. such as identifying why a Jenkins build is broken)
- Solid understanding in Python, Bash and Ansible (or Chef/Puppet) scripting
Software development processes knowledge including
- Ability to use version control mechanisms like Git or Mercurial
- Experience working with software development teams doing DevOps
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment
- Build systems including package & dependency management
- Hands-on experience in agile methodologies
Infrastructure knowledge including
- Experience with data centers, Hadoop HDFS or other large filesystems
- Storage experience (NAS, SAN, RAID, …).
- Docker and VMs
- Cloud based IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
Preferable skills regarding
- Embedded Linux, QNX, Robot Operating System (ROS) and RTOS experience in general
- Using the Atlassian tool chain in a professional environment
- Setting up and operating large scale software development projects and its underlying infrastructure/tooling architecture
- Customer focused working style and communication skills
- Understanding of the technology enabling self-driving vehicles and/or robotics
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)