Autonomous Driving – Lead Engineer – Safety and System Design
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles not only one step further but all the way then we would like to hear from you.
In this position, your high-level task will be to create and validate the safety concept for the components 'environmental fusion' and 'behavior planning' together with the SW development, system testing and design teams to ensure the safety of our vehicles. This entails the development of safety concepts and the coordination, verification and validation of safety requirements. The task will require the exchange with various groups within our project focused on hardware, software, simulation, and other domains relevant for our automated driving system.
- Drive the development and implementation of safety concepts for our automated driving system components 'environmental fusion' and/or 'behavior planning'
- Specify and coordinate safety requirements with internal and external interfaces
- Establish an innovative ontology to describe and connect safety with ODD, data and functional code in order to create a fully connected and dynamic safety case
- Perform safety analyses (FTA, FMEA, DFA) to prove the effectiveness of safety measures
- Support the verification and validation of the safety concepts
- Support the internal functional safety assessment
- Master in Systems Engineering, Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or Physics
- 5 or more years of experience in safety or systems engineering
- Proven track record in bringing complex mechatronics or robotics systems to market
- Knowledge regarding proven automotive safety standards as ISO 26262, as well as modern approaches in aviation and robotics, e.g. ISO/PAS 21448
- Experience in formal methods and performing hazard analyses (e.g. Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, STPA, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
- Understanding of the ODD concept as well as the modelling of ontologies to encompass complex relationships between several domains
- Experience in modern software development principles, ideally able to code in python, OCaml or similar
- Familiarity with modern SW testing approaches using CI/CD and digital test frameworks
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)