Senior Product Manager, Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS)
- 2555 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
As Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) and will play a central role in shaping software-driven solutions at Bosch Building Technologies. Your contributions will make a direct difference to our customers and take our software and service product offerings to the next level. There is room for personal development and growth in this role in a truly global company. As an ideal candidate, you have a strong affinity with exciting technology topics and are able to easily leverage your technical background.
- Act as a core team member within this global role and as part of the product management team for management software in Business Unit Video Systems and Solutions.
- Responsible for evolving our portfolio from the current Bosch Video Management Software into future successful software and service offerings tailored more specifically to important vertical needs in the (A)IoT world of today.
- Leverage the value-add of state-of-the-art machine learning technology and AI detectors available in-house and via strong partnerships.
- Full product management responsibility for an important VSaaS growth business with exciting new technology possibilities for new applications and yet-to-be-defined customer use cases.
- Fully active in defining the future strategy of an important business segment for Bosch Security.
- Define and implement the regional marketing strategy for the US and Canada to ensure that products are successfully introduced and marketed throughout the entire life cycle to drive growth.
- Contribute to product and service development by anticipating market trends, end-user and customer needs .
- Responsible for portfolio revenue and profitability on a global level
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the regional market strategy for assigned product portfolio.
- Inform, support and challenge sales organization of the region on assigned product portfolio.
- Analyze market situation and take actions (marketing mix) to gain market share and improve market positioning.
- Conduct competitive and market analyses (e.g. portfolio including pricing) and provide related strategies
- Manage product launch in the region.
- Support regional cross-BU activities (events / trade shows).
- Travel Expectation: Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time, domestic and international.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Engineering, or Natural Sciences.
- 5+ years of combined experience within the security / software industry specifically with one of the following: (cloud) VMS, recording solutions, video systems and alarm monitoring / management services.
- 3+ years of experience launching and taking products to U.S. market.
- 1+ years of experience in managing software products and understanding Annual Reoccurring Revenue (ARR).
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) desirable.
- Software as a service business models.
- Must have a deep understanding of the market mix.
- Profound background in product management complemented by strong affinity to technical as well as commercial topics.
- Strong skills in project management, able to solve problems, analyze systems and data and proactively suggest appropriate solutions.
- Experience must also include having worked with sales teams, product management and end customers.
- Proven content leadership skills, proactive and autonomous style of working
- Ability to prioritize customer needs translate them into user stories, a roadmap and product vision.
- Experience with managing technology and stakeholders at scale, utilizing relevant metrics to manage the big picture.
- Strong business acumen.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of writing reports and business correspondence and interacting with internal and external customers.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Hard working individual who can drive business and convince sales teams with valid arguments.
- Excellent presentations skills to and small to large audiences, domestic and international and varying levels with organizations.
- Fluent in English.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)