Postdoctoral Research Scientist – Knowledge Representation & Reasoning
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human-Machine Collaboration (HMC), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The focus of our global research on Human Machine Collaboration includes Big Data Visual Analytics, Explainable AI, Audio Analytics, NLP, Conversational AI, Mixed Reality and Smart Wearables, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive and intelligent solutions to enable inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of our global research unit, our Conversational AI & Natural Language Processing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies and prototype systems in the fields of natural language processing and understanding, question answering, information retrieval, dialogue management, knowledge-based assistance, speech processing, and etc. We work on solutions to derive useful information and knowledge from textual data, and enable natural, intuitive and intelligent personal assistance. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g., ISWC, WWW, Semantic Web Journal, ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, NeurIPS, ICML, ICASSP.
- Conceive, design and implement knowledge representation and reasoning frameworks / pipelines that can address complex business and technology needs in Bosch. The problems range from the construction, enrichment, management of knowledge graphs / ontologies to the development and deployment of services.
- Research, assess, recommend, and develop Knowledge Graph technologies in the context of product requirements at Bosch.
- Work with fellow engineers and researchers as well as other cross functional teams to develop production-ready solutions.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and patent submissions.
- Ph.D. in computer science or related area
- 4+ years of academic or industry experience in knowledge graphs, or natural language processing
- Programming experience (Python, Java) and data engineering skills (SQL, OWL, SPARQL, Pandas, REST APIs)
- Previous research experience in building ontologies / knowledge graphs and semantic reasoning frameworks is desirable
- Practical experience and knowledge of common Semantic Web tools (e.g., Jena, Protege, Stardog, or Neptune)
- Publication record in top venues of knowledge engineering and/or natural language processing research (e.g., WWW, ISWC, ACL, EMNLP, AAAI, Semantic Web Journal)
- Knowledge and experience in neuro-symbolic reasoning
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning and common ML/NLP frameworks (e.g., Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras, or Spacy)
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong leadership skills to drive research topics and projects
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.