Data Engineer for AI Applications
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch Gmbh is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. We are a motivated global team with the mission to incubate, create and roll out AI solutions to Bosch. We work closely with domain experts on exciting Bosch data sets for real world applications to transform Bosch into a data driven company.
- You work together with data scientists to build scalable and reliable AI solutions. You will have direct impact on new and exciting AI solutions that will change Bosch’s products and processes. Furthermore, you contribute to product development and create tools for our end-users.
- You take the ownership of specific components, make them reliable, scalable and help to design the overall architecture. You will participate in the operation of the services to take end-to-end responsibility. Together with your teammates, you will foster the software engineering culture in our team.
- Thanks to your experience, you value the principles of the Agile Manifesto. You like to continuously grow your skills and support your colleagues in improving theirs. You take pride in writing and delivering production grade code and will collaborate with various levels of management and technical staff. Travel to local RB locations might be required (post-covid19).
- Education: excellent degree (Master) in computer science or a comparable qualification
- Personality: open-minded, reliable and motivated team player who is keen to learn new technologies and share knowledge while being able to work independently
- Experience and Knowledge: several years of professional experience in software development, proficiency in some modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Java or Go) and Linux, experience in developing software in AI or data centric domains, demonstrated ability to write clean, maintainable and production grade code. Experience in scaling applications and services to large data volumes, as such firm knowledge of modern Big Data warehousing technologies (e.g. Dask, Spark and Parquet) and distributed computing (e.g. Kubernetes). Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), and modern, scalable storage technologies (e.g. S3), knowledge of metadata management and schema evolution strategies, knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, CI/CD, testing, operations) and cloud technologies is a big plus
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates, and links to GitHub or Kaggle account).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotly or part-time – we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Holger Peters (Functional Department)
+49 7062 911 8147