PhD - Uncertainty in Deep Learning
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
When it comes to practical application of deep learning methods to mission critical real-world problems, safety is crucial. However, deep learning methods may make random yet confident guesses for previously unseen situations. It is therefore demanding that they can admit the lack of knowledge. The newly founded Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) offers the perfect environment for PhD students to develop novel Deep Learning algorithms with the focus on uncertainty estimation.
- You develop and implement novel Deep Learning algorithms.
- You evaluate developed algorithms on open datasets and on multi-modal Bosch datasets from application areas such as autonomous driving, robotics, and Internet of Things.
- You research on uncertainty estimation, with the focus on generative modelling and density estimation.
- You collaborate with Machine Learning and Computer Vision experts.
- You publish in top-tier journals and conferences.
- You have technical discussions and create new ideas within the Deep Learning research team at the BCAI.
- Education: Excellent master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields with excellent grades
- Personality and Working Practice: Motivation to work in an interdisciplinary and international team
- Experience and Knowledge: Basic knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Prior experience with generative modelling and/or probabilistic models is a plus. Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
- Qualifications: Strong programming skills, in particular Python
- Languages: Very good in English written and spoken and academic writing skills
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates and code samples).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Anna Khoreva (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 46129