Research Scientist / Research Engineer - Security and Privacy
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Group operates in most countries in the world. With over 400,000 associates, a career at Bosch offers a chance to grow an exceptional career in an environment that values diversity, initiative, and a drive for results.
If you are interested in working on the cutting-edge of technology, working at Bosch Research is the place for you! We are committed to quality at Bosch. Our environment celebrates diversity and promotes career progression. We seek highly skilled, creative, results-oriented people who can look at technology from a new perspective and provide surprising insight. We are looking for candidates who want to shape and drive innovation at Bosch.
- Engage in a broad spectrum of cutting-edge research in areas including applied cryptography, security, and system security
- Drive research projects spanning a wide variety of topics and domains including automotive system security, privacy for data intensive applications, and security in distributed systems
- Positively impact the future business of Bosch from the invention of novel technologies and intellectual property through their succeessful transfer to business units for realization in real products
- Collaborate closely with top-tier research universities in the US (e.g. Carnegie Mellon University) to help bring cutting-edge R&D results out of the lab and into the market
- Shape Bosch’s future R+D strategy via identification of early-stage trends and technogies via active scouting of the overall scientific/technical environment
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer/electrical engineering, or related field
- Experience in security research showing the ability to build prototypes and verify experimentally theoretical designs.
- Experience in at least one (two preferred) of the following areas as evidenced by significant contributions in the form of publications and/or patents or patent applications:
- System Security, network security, hardware, embedded security, side-channels, trusted computing and secure execution environments (e..g, SGX, ARM TrustZone, etc.)
- Security and machine learning, applications of data miniing to security, intrusion detection, anomaly detection, network security, applications of data mining to constrained environments (e.g., automotive networks), applications of differential privacy
- Fluent in at least one high-level programming language (e.g., C/C++, python, etc.). Experience with low level programming (assembly) or HDL a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, including the ability to effectively convey complex technical topics to non-subject matter experts
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.