Mechanical Development Engineer (Clusters and Display Products) (m/f)
- R. Max Grundig, 4705 Braga, Portugal
- Legal Entity: Bosch Car Multimedia Portugal
Welcome to Bosch
Cars drive autonomously, machines speak to each other and houses become smarter. At Bosch, we turn these visions into reality to improve the quality of life for people all over the world. Start something big and become a part of forward thinkers where you can create something remarkable: Invented for life.
The Bosch unit in Braga belongs to the Automotive Electronics division and is focused on making the vehicles our third living space. The company supplies infotainment, display, connectivity and HMI solutions for passenger cars, trucks and two-wheelers. About 3,500 associates are committed to develop and produce high quality technology that shape change in mobility worldwide. The company' success lies in its highly specialized and innovative team, and on the technological know-how which makes Bosch the leading supplier in the automotive market.
Your contribution to something big:
- Develop technical concepts for the optical display stackup assembly – consists of backlight unit, display panels, touch sensors, cover lens, and optical bonding / lamination in automotive products (digital/instrument clusters for motorbikes and cars, input devices & displays);
- Collaboration of development activities within an existing multinational competence team for display technologies;
- Collaboration of activities with local competence teams from display assembly process, testing and measurement laboratory;
- Local/Braga technical responsible including technical requirements definition, architecture design, gap analysis, design review, performance evaluation/optimization, specification creation, support discussions with suppliers;
- Define, align and track multiple display components’ development milestones (including test plans) & schedule and budget;
- Pitch for, and develop new technologies & innovation in preparation for future applications;
- Support in display related technical discussions with customers, internal project team members, and suppliers;
- Support and track suppliers; Onsite visits, audits, including travels to Asia-Pacific
What distinguishes you:
- MSc in Mechanical/Optics Engineering;
- Experienced in display products development (back end, front end, integration for end-products) in topics of concept & architecture, ensuring optical performance such as black uniformity, touch mura, and reflections;
- Customer-oriented and driven to work proactively & systematically under tight schedules;
- Analytical mindset, willing to perform independently detailed technical investigations; adequate experience in quality methods such as 8D, FMEA, DRBFM, Ishikawa;
- Independent working attitude, ability to work inside teams from engineering, production, quality, suppliers (national and international);
- Knowledge in CAD (CATIA / NX) in 2D and 3D modules;
- Knowledge in Design and Production of injections molded Plastic / Metal parts and Sheet Metal Parts.
- Knowledge in Part Dimensioning and GD&T.
- Willing to travel;
- Excellent communication skills towards management, suppliers and customers
- Experience in creating and presenting technical documentations
- Good English language skills
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!