Senior AI Research Scientist – Machine Learning & eXplainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) (Principal level position also available)
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ROBERT BOSCH INC.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human-Machine Collaboration (HMC), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The focus of our global research on Human Machine Collaboration includes Big Data Visual Analytics, Explainable AI, Audio Analytics, NLP, Conversational AI, Mixed Reality and Smart Wearables, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive and intelligent solutions to enable inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of the global research unit, our Visual Analytics & eXplainable AI group is responsible for shaping the future industrial AI experience for Bosch products and services by combining cutting-edge technologies of machine learning, data analysis and interactive visualization. We research and develop scalable, transparent, and intelligent big data analytic solutions (e.g. audio, images, sensor logs) for various domains including Industry 4.0 (I4.0), IoT, autonomous driving, connected vehicles, etc. With our award-winning talents (IEEE VIS best paper & best paper runner-ups), we also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g., IEEE VIS, TVCG, SIGKDD, NeurIPS, AAAI, ICML, ICASSP, Interspeech, and IEEE Signal Processing Magazine.
- Conduct research and engineering in eXplainable AI (XAI) and machine learning for related business domains of autonomous driving, connected vehicles, Industry 4.0, IoT, car multimedia etc.
- Work with an international team of experts to transfer the results of advanced research to Bosch business units. When necessary, build prototypes to verify research ideas.
- Apply research results to real-world use cases with high quality implementation. Integrate the resulting systems/software into existing Bosch platforms.
- Actively scout for the latest technology and predict market trends by monitoring news, technical events and seminars.
- Provide expert opinions on relevant technology areas to management team to facilitate strategic planning, R&D roadmap development, and business investment.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions.
- Ph.D in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of research experience or equivalent graduate research experience for eXplainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI), machine learning and deep learning
- 2+ years of industry experience in R&D for deep learning, eXplainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI) algorithms & systems
- Experience with one or more programming languages for machine learning applications (e.g. Python, C++)
- Strong publication records in top venues of machine learning, deep learning and computer vision (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICRL, CVPR, IJCV, AAAI, and TVCG)
- Deep knowledge in machine learning and deep learning, with applications to eXplainable AI, computer vision, high-dimensional data analysis, and event sequence mining
- Familiar with one or more main-stream machine learning platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn)
- Knowledge in full stack web development on both frontend (e.g., React, Vue.js, and D3.js) and backend (e.g., Flask, Django)
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Strong leadership skills to drive research topics
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.