Deep Learning Intern - Computer Vision
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) was founded in early 2017 to deploy cutting-edge AI technologies across Bosch products and services creating solutions that are "Invented for life." This position will be in the BCAI team in Sunnyvale, CA. In this intern role, you will explore, exploit, and invent the state-of-the-art computer vision and deep learning technologies. By leveraging big and unique dataset among Bosch business units, you will solve challenging industrial computer vision problems that will be adopted in the practical applications within Bosch. To name a few applications – autonomous vehicles/robotics, automated optical inspection, and video survelliance systems.
- Conduct advanced research and development for deep learning based scene understanding (e.g., object detection, semantic segmentation, image classification) to overcome challenges in real-world dataset.
- Collaborate with deep learning team members for joint discussion and development.
- Integrate the proposed solutions into existing Bosch software package or platform.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and/or patent submissions.
- Pursuing a PhD or Master degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics
- Solid understanding of fundamental and cutting edge computer vision and deep learning
- Strong general programming skills with Python
- Strong deep learning programming skills with TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge and experience with object detection e.g., YOLO, SSD, RetinaNet…etc.
- Solid knowledge and experience with neural architecture search e.g., ProxylessNAS, ENAS, DARTS…etc
- Publication record in top AI conferences (CVPR/ICCV/ECCV/NIPS/ICLR/AAAI, etc)
- Degree level: PhD or Master – Must be a current student or recent graduate (less than 1 year)
- Duration of Internship: 12-24 weeks
- Start Date: Summer/Fall 2021
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)