Firmware Developer at Bosch IoT Start-up
- Torenallee, Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Legal Entity: Security and Safety Things B.V.
Security and Safety Things is a fully funded Bosch startup that works on the enablement of creating an application store for security cameras. In order to enable such platform a common operating system (OS) is needed which is based on the Android OS. This OS development is done by the OS engineering department in Eindhoven. Do you want to be a part of working on a technology stack in a true IoT environment? This is your chance.
If you love solving big, complex problems that challenge your brain and build your skills. If you want to be part of a community and not just another start-up. If you are curious, honest, tenacious, you belong here!
We are looking for Firmware Developer to join our teams.
As a Firmware Developer you will:
- Design and implement directly in the Android Application layer;
- Responsible for the development process from design to product;
- Grow to be an expert on key components in our Operating System;
- Communicate and co-work with our teams addressing from driver level up to Web user interface of the security cameras;
- Participate in- and contribute to discussions on component architecture and integration;
- Be part of an autonomous OS development team;
- Work on advanced IoT features like inter device messaging, controlling camera movement from application, deployment of neural network/ machine learning interfaces, enabling advanced audio and visual analytics;
- Work in a startup-like / Agile environment.
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science, Embedded Systems or similar;
- Profound experience in Firmware/Embedded software development,
- Good knowledge of preferably Java or C++;
- Proven track record in Object Oriented Programming;
- Experience with Android OS or Linux full stack is a big plus;
- Experience in Android App development is a plus;
- Able to work both autonomous and in teams;
- Professional proficiency in English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Open-minded, accurate and curious.
- Join a great and international team — Work with international colleagues (we have more than 25 nationalities) and enjoy our great team culture inside and outside work
- Have impact - Join a venture at an early stage and play a key part in revolutionizing and digitizing the security industry
- Get the best out of both worlds - Enjoy the benefits of a dynamic start up environment and the security and expertise of a corporate company
- Everyone matters - Get things moving quickly and take your own decisions within a fast-paced company culture - we live agile and flat hierarchies
- Feel comfortable - We offer a comfortable working space, diverse employee discounts and free drinks as well as home office opportunities
- Be yourself - Work in an open culture where everyone can be themselves and can come to work in a casual dress code
- Have fun at work! — Our teams love to have fun and so will you
Contact HR Department