Wi-Fi-based Localization Research Intern
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Human Machine Interaction (HMI), Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center (RTC) in Pittsburgh, PA is focused on the research and development of cutting-edge technologies that will shape the future of the company’s products. Specifically, our lab works in the fast-paced field of the Internet of Things and Services (IoTS) – an exciting combination of business, technology and user experience that is driven by the rapid development of connectivity, mobile computing, social networks, and multimodal sensor fusion.
Our team works at the intersection of AI and IoT for developing exciting Cyber-Physical Systems. We are looking for an enthusiastic research intern to develop a novel localization solution by using Wi-Fi Channel State Information (CSI) and RSSI. The focus is to use the localization solution for addressing novel use cases in the automotive applications.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop a novel localization solution using signal processing and AI-based techniques by leveraging Wi-Fi CSI and RSSI for automotive applications.
- Evaluate the performance of the solution.
- Summarize the findings and publish a high-quality research paper.
- Show a proof-of-concept demo.
- Strong background in Wi-Fi CSI signal processing and AI based techniques.
- Strong background in machine learning, AI-based techniques, and time-series analysis.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Publication records in leading venues (SenSys/IPSN) are a plus.
- Prior experience of developing a Wi-Fi-based localization algorithm is a plus.
- Major(s): Computer Science or relevant area
- Degree level: PhD or MS – Current student or recent graduate
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Duration: 14 weeks
- Start Date: May 2021
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)