Technical Author - WSM Diagnostics
- 1555 Fairlane Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Automotive Service Solutions Inc.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is a designer and manufacturer of automotive repair tools, including advanced computerized diagnostic equipment. Join our research and development team in an innovative technology environment where you will be involved in the development of new and expanded automotive diagnostic software solutions on multiple platforms.
As a Technical Author for WSM Diagnostics, you will support the AA/ AS area of Bosch Automotive Service Solutions. You will be responsible to work with team leads, project managers and directly with the client to develop the final product.
Developing and updating service information based on the end user needs, client specifications/expectations and the current product information
Researching product information
Utilizing various computer systems for delivery of the final product to client
Communicating with client and internal contributors to ensure the programs are within established budget and timing guidelines
Interacting with department management and support personnel for input, direction and resource acquisition
Ability to work on diverse tasks and projects with minimal guidance
Consulting with various client contacts (external) and subject matter experts (internal and external) to gather product specific information
Having a high level of proficiency in developing wiring, diagnostic and technical writing projects in multiple authoring environments based on the level of equity assigned
Participating in meetings with clients and co-workers
Developing technical information using client supplied resources, such subject matter experts, product teardowns and engineering schematics
Creating Diagnostics in various computer programs under defined development schedules
Advising Project Manager/Team Lead of project status and potential issues
Completing various additional assignments as directed by Project Manager/Team Lead
Working directly with customer contacts to guide them through problem resolution
• High School Diploma required
• State or ASE certifications preferred
• Knowledge and ability to describe electronic and electrical fundamentals, mechanical procedures, flat rate labor time methods / processes, and modern automotive systems
• Knowledge of modern light truck diesel applications preferred
• Knowledge of automotive hybrid powertrains preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines, monitor and assess performance within deadlines and utilize appropriate resources to ensure timely and accurate deliverables
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written communication (i.e. client communications, engineering draft material, electronic module design specifications and sub-system schematics)
• Ability to communicate written and verbal ideas in a clear, concise manner
It is the policy of Bosch to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Bosch does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law.