PhD - Cloud-Based Privacy-Preserving Computing Technologies
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- As a PhD in our research group you are actively contributing to internal and external research and development projects in an open source context.
- This includes understanding, evaluating and applying cutting-edge Privacy-Preserving Computing Technologies (PPCTs) including Computing On Encrypted Data techniques (e.g., Secure Multiparty Computation, Homomorphic Encryption), Trusted Execution Environments (like Intel SGX), and methods for Statistical Disclosure Control (like Differential Privacy).
- Embedded into an international team of security and cloud technology experts, you apply your knowledge obtained by studying the theory behind PPCTs to design, implement and evaluate PPCT-based solutions in the context of the Franco-German BMBF/MESRI-funded CRYPTECS research project.
- Thanks to your insights, you help combine PPCTs and Cloud Native technologies to make PPCTs ready for use in an industrial context.
- Your responsibility includes the design, development and prototypical implementation of PPCT solutions. Experimental deployment for Bosch use cases in various areas including Automotive AI and the Internet of Things gives you valuable real-world insights. You push the state of the art in the field of PPCTs and publish your results together with renowned researchers from the international CRYPTECS consortium.
- Education: Very good master’s degree in computer science or related discipline, ideally combined with initial experience in the area of Cloud Native technologies
- Personality: Positive team player, who is highly motivated, has an innovative mindset, is eager to learn new things, and is passionate about applied research
- Working Practice: Initial hands-on experience with software development, ideally in an open source context
- Experience and Knowledge: Knowledge in the area of cryptography, ideally experience in privacy-preserving computing technologies and modern Cloud Native technologies
- Languages: Fluent in English (written and spoken)
The final Phd topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
You want to work remotely or part-time – we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter, transcript of records, certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Sven Trieflinger (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 24801