Engineer - Product Quality Engineer
- 45, Hilir Sungai Kluang 1, Bayan Lepas Free Industrial Zone Phase 4, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Power Tools Sdn Bhd
Bosch has been present in Malaysia since 1923, represented by Robert Bosch Sdn Bhd, with offices located in Selangor and Penang. In Malaysia, Bosch has diversified businesses in Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The company has three manufacturing plants in Penang providing Car Multimedia, Power Tools and Automotive Steering systems. In 2017, Malaysia contributed sales of RM 615 million (127 million euro) and employed more than 2,800 associates.
- Responsible for new product quality requirement, and its releases.
- Ensure products manufactured meet quality requirements.
- Develop, review and monitor the effectiveness of quality control procedures and processes, propose and implement improvements where necessary.
- Ensure closed loop of internal and external audit finding include product safety audit.
- Monitor and supervise QMM technician performance to ensure efficiency in quality management process.
- Responsible for process improvement project and update Management on the improvement result.
- Responsible for Quality problem resolution through problem solving skills PSS/8D.
- Generate and maintain inspection plan for in-process(EQ, FQ), outgoing (VQ) and reliability (QZ)
- Responsible for component first article inspection approval (ISIR) and approval on incoming part inspection plan including cost reduction activities.
- Monitor, report of KPI’s in timely manner and establish action plan.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Science.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment (Engineering, quality or project management) or fresh graduate with relevant manufacturing experience.
- Good in technical report writing and include complete data analysis and action recommendation.
- Experience in Plastic molding, metal stamping, turn part, PCBA, die-cast, hardening part is recommended.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Standard, TS16949, Product safety requirement e.g. UL, CSA.
- Familiar with statistical process control methods, FMEA, hands on experience on failure analysis and problem solving methodology e.g. 5 Why’s, RCA, fault tree analysis etc.