Research Engineer Power Electronics – Converters for eMobility
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
- Join the Bosch corporate research team to create new power electronics solutions through the introduction of new technologies, design approaches and power conversion concepts. Your innovative idea can make a difference in the next generation of power electronics products and help shaping the future of electromobility.
- You create new high performance and highly compact converters (e.g. dc-dc, battery chargers) as part of a multidisciplinary project team and critically evaluate the impact of new technologies and concepts on component as well as on product level.
- You conduct in-depth research in several aspects of power electronics that may involve modelling, simulation, design and validation of power converters and their subcomponents, development of new converter topologies, modulation techniques and control strategies as well as testing and characterization of new concepts in lab environment.
- Right from day one, you passionately push your ideas from concept to validation, strive for successful technology transfer to Bosch business units and support development engineers on the path towards industrialization by tackling concept related challenges.
- Furthermore, you continuously follow the technology advances and research trends in your field of expertise and share those along with your innovative ideas with researchers at our corporate research organization and developers at Bosch business units.
- Education: excellent PhD in electrical engineering with focus on power electronics and a strong record of scientific publications/patents
- Personality: flexible and goal-oriented team player who is excited to learn new things
- Working Practice: well organized self-starter with excellent communication skills and analytical thinking
- Experience and Knowledge: Several years of work experience in the field of power electronics research, expert knowledge in minimum two of the following categories: converter topologies for switch-mode power supplies, bidirectional dc-dc converters and battery chargers, converter and associated circuit design experience with GaN and SiC semiconductors, modelling and design of advanced magnetic components, EMI filter design and analysis, dynamic modelling of converters with control design and implementation. Good command of MATLAB/Simulink, Plecs, Pspice and at least one circuit design tool (Altium or similar)
- Languages: good in German and English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotly or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Christine Weber (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 6367
Need further information about the job?
Dr. Hauke van Hoek (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 13825