- 15000 Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC
Pump Technology Solution (U.S.) LLC is part of the global leading automotive hydraulic steering pump supplier Pump Technology Solutions GmbH, and is currently operating as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC. We are currently establishing ourselves as an independent company that will be separated from the Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC in the near future. In doing so, we can better support the strategic and lean operations of the global steering pump business, better respond to market- and product- challenges with more focus, and further develop our economic potential and sustainable profitability.
Our company’s main office is located in the Detroit, MI area and supports sales and engineering functions related to automotive hydraulic steering pump products for all regional customers (OEM, OES). Our warehouse in Summerville, SC, serves as the main hub for all incoming goods from Germany, Brazil, and China and the distribution of goods to local customers.
We are an organization that is set out to deliver the best services and values to our customers with empowered, flexible, and competent associates. We will continue to grow our market share with the best products and pricing that benefit both our customer and our company. Our associates operate in an agile, cross-functional team that offers broad exposures to different aspects of entrepreneurship, ability to gain experience in multiple areas of expertise, and a workplace where an individual can contribute and impact our overall business operations.
- Collaborate with global engineering team to acquire our product know-how
- Investigate market and customer requirements/trends and provide feedback to global development team
- Influence customer specifications and steer the products in alignment with global product portfolio
- Interface between global acquisition team and customer to review specifications, drawings, to develop and prepare comprehensive proposals for acquisitions
- Provide local customers the first level of escalation, coordinate, and participate in technical discussions with customers, including specifications reviews, drawing reviews, FMEA reviews, 8D reviews, problems/resolutions, etc.
- Support evaluations of field return/zero mileage units with global quality/development team to resolve warranty claims from customers
- Interact with customer quality organization when required
- Support/perform line walks at customer plants during launch phase with quality team
- Support other CMT members in their tasks when required
- Plan local product strategy to reduce variants wherever possible
- Participate in business planning process
- Support quotation activities, cost disclosure, customer presentation with global team when required
- Support attaining local competitors activities, customers planning forecast, and management of customers contracts including general T&C
- Support EDI reviews with customers and manage/forecast inventory level
- Occasional domestic/international travel might be required to our own engineering, testing, manufacturing locations (e.g. Germany or China) or to customers’ engineering, vehicle/engine plants (e.g. US, Canada, Mexico)
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferred Mechanical or Automotive Engineering)
- 7+ years of blended automotive experience in sales and engineering.
- Must have experience with mechanical systems, prefer experience with automotive steering system and associated quality management tasks
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint. Must be capable of learning other software packages (Ex: Test Software).
- Useable knowledge of basic engineering applications, e.g. CAD program, and business applications, e.g. SAP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable