DevOps Engineer for BCAI Tooling (Cloud/Security)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Robert Bosch is a world-class engineering and electronics company with over 200 plants and thousands of assembly lines world-wide. Our products impact hundreds of millions of people every day, many in safety critical systems. We rely on data for every aspect of our operations and we collect a lot of it.
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. And now we are about to build up a new Team. The AI Tooling team will be a new part of the BCAI with the mission to design, develop and operate smart software solutions, which will increase the overall efficiency of BCAI and all its associates.
- You will contribute to the future of the AI Tooling team. Your task as a DevOps Engineer is to support our endeavor towards infrastructure and tooling excellence. You will contribute to our core software development environment both on public cloud and on-premises, shape and automate processes and will have the opportunity to mentor other fellow colleagues.
- Moving things forward in a big company is not trivial – but Bosch has put its trust in BCAI to work as a nucleus for renewal. Therefore, you will have the chance to use your expertise to shape the future of BCAI, not only by moving us into the right direction but also by taking ownership of it.
- Proper DevOps engineering is a craftsmanship. It requires continuous attention to technical excellence. You are passionate about continuously growing your skills and supporting your colleagues in improving theirs. You take pride in automating as much as you can and delivering production grade infrastructure. You like collaborating with various levels of management and technical staff and use your exceptional communication skills to drive solutions.
- Education: excellent degree (Bachelor or higher) in computer science or a related field
- Personality and Working Practice: enthusiastic, motivated to learn, keen to share ideas and knowledge, driving things forward autonomously and within the team, persistent and not afraid to provide honest feedback
- Experience and Knowledge: You consider yourself a professional DevOps Engineer with more than 3 years of industry experience, you write well-structured, maintainable and reliable code. You are well versed in two or more scripting languages, like Bash, Python or Groovy. You know how to automate, ship, deploy, operate and document infrastructure on a production grade level. Frameworks like Terraform, Ansible, CHEF and puppet are no stranger to you. Deploying on cloud is your daily business. Furthermore, you have a passion for security and know how to develop, operate and maintain secure and robust infrastructure and services. You value agile methods like TDD, CI, CD, and you are familiar with respective current frameworks. You have experience with deployment tooling like Docker and Kubernetes. Ideally, you have a general understanding of machine learning methods and experience in developing and operating infrastructure and services relevant in AI or data centric domains.
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team!
We would like to welcome you as soon as possible.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. CV, letter of motivation, certificates, link to GitHub repo or code sample).
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Robert Hansel (Functional Department)
+49 152 226 42552