Software Engineering Intern, Computer Vision
- 2555 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
We are an innovative Bosch startup called Security and Safety Things (https://securityandsafetythings.com), where we have built an open application platform for smart (IP) cameras. Using our Android-based (AOSP) operating system, 3rd party developers can build computer vision applications to solve traditional problems in the area of security and safety as well as advanced use cases for analytics and business intelligence. We are enabling our development partners to develop and sell their applications in domains such as smart cities, COVID safety, retail analytics, smart buildings, manufacturing, and more.
The current generation of hardware makes it possible to take advantage of Deep Learning on embedded devices “at the edge” to build advanced applications like those described above. You will use your broad knowledge to blend Deep Learning techniques with traditional Machine Learning and Computer Vision approaches to solve real-world problems by creating edge-based analytic apps.
- Develop AI training pipelines based on industry standard frameworks and tune the resulting models to run efficiently on edge devices.
- Implement edge-based analytic apps based on state-of-the-art deep learning approaches and frameworks
- Evaluate cloud based training tools for use on our platform
- Create high level libraries and re-usable components to enable 3rd party developers to take advantage of deep learning on a range of hardware.
- Senior, pursuing BS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Coursework in Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, programming-intensive projects.
- Real-world software engineering experience with at least one language such as Python, C/C++, or Java
- Significant coursework or work experience in deep learning, machine learning, or computer vision
- Experience with the latest programming tools and frameworks for deep learning
- Pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Computer Science with focus on Deep Learning for vision applications
- Experience with porting Deep Learning models to embedded hardware platforms
- In-depth understanding of when to apply Deep Learning vs. traditional approaches from Machine Learning or Computer Vision
- Demonstrable ability to apply state-of-the-art approaches to solve engineering problems
- Experience with mobile development platforms such as Android or iOS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.