Application Design Specialist ("SBD")
- Massachusetts Turnpike, Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
At Bosch Security and Safety Systems, we know that every career matters. Headquartered in the Rochester suburb of Fairport, NY, we are a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim.
Whether it's solutions that encompass the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, or integrated and connected systems, we're designing the future of security. Known for our quality and reliability, our product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range. Our team works closely with an extensive network of dealers and integrators to design solutions that maximize facility control, better mitigate risks and make systems easy to use and manage. Bosch systems are trusted by major retail, healthcare, technology, and energy companies, government agencies and in many other residential, commercial and industrial environments throughout the region.
We are an approximately $2 billion division of Bosch, a multinational engineering and electronics organization. Guided by the principles of our founder Robert Bosch, we offer a setting where social and environmental responsibility are part of our corporate DNA. Always mindful of our impact on the future, we are committed to sustainability, paying it forward, giving back, and lifelong learning. These are just a few of the reasons why our parent company has more than 400,000 associates and a legacy of success spanning 138+ years.
We offer the competitive compensation, career-development resources, and benefits you would expect of a world leader, including health, medical, and financial plans, work/life balance, and flexible work options.
This is your chance to shape tomorrow’s world with Bosch Security and Safety Systems!
Region: New England states and Upstate New York
This is an exciting opportunity to meld technical expertise with customer relationship management in a dynamic and complex environment.
The SBD augments the sales function by providing pre and post sales and technical support to develop full system solutions for our customer. Provide onsite project-level technical support and site commissioning for the full portfolio of Bosch products. Assist with periodic the commercial sales aspects of the program.
This position is remotely based, and will support the New England and Upstate New York region. You will be expected to travel as required to meet customer expectations and ensure proper field roll-out of new technologies.
- Partner with Business Development / Account Manager to support project efforts with key decision makers, to ensure Bosch remains the preferred brand and specified for future business opportunities.
- Prepare technical concept, system design, and bill of materials for customer’s specific applications, including benefits and application notes.
- Assist in design and manage training tools, classes, and documentation for the specific accounts field resources.
- Maintain proficiency on products and technology for the entire Bosch portfolio including product specifications and hardware configurations.
- Provide pre-sales technical support and product set-up for product education, and perform technical presentations.
- Coordinate Bosch deliverables and manage other Bosch commercial responsibilities during implementation of installations at customer site locations, including project / construction schedules.
- Work with Bosch Marketing Managers to develop case studies and white papers of the successfully completed projects.
- Work with the applications and technical support groups to receive advanced training in products, and to evaluate potential solutions to be offered to our customers; work with the individual Business Units to have a clear understanding of product road maps, and communicate back to them findings for new product development or enhancements to existing product lines.
- You bring a robust and dynamic technical background in Video and Intrusion, along with an interest in partnering with internal and external customers. You are a "people person" who is collaborative and assertive. You enjoy applying your technical knowledge to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or a business related degree, is desirable.
- Must have Sales Engineering / Systems Design experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of industry experience, working with customers, preferably at the manufacturer level.
- Network design knowledge and experience required.
- Ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge and experience in the design and installation of intrusion, access, Bosch IP video products.
- Ideally, you have an advanced working knowledge and experience in the design and installation of Bosch IP Video, intrusion, access, communications products.
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis (approximately 70-75%).
- You have a strong drive to succeed; self-motivation is essential. You have the ability to “translate” technical features/benefits into end-user needs. You have a strong analytical/problem solving skill-set, strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment. Industry affiliations and certification a plus; positive demonstrable leadership and Voice of Customer skills are essential.
- You must be based in the region the role supports (New England/Upstate New York).
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)