Thesis Analysis of E/E architecture designs using Design Space Exploration techniques
- Schwieberdinger Str. 76, 71636 Ludwigsburg, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The future of mobility will be different. New trends are coming to the automotive industry (e.g. autonomous driving and connectivity). Because of that, the OEM’s are looking for new E/E architectures using concepts of the IT world to handle the new trends in a scalable, reliable, robust, and affordable way.
Due to the high number of possible combinations for the E/E architecture design, design space exploration techniques can help engineers find the best solutions.
- In this Master thesis, you will implement and evaluate possible E/E architecture candidates through simulation and analytical tools. The focus in this work will be on the in-vehicle networks and functionality distribution.
- Modeling the vehicle E/E architecture: You model the sens-think-act data flows deployed on the vehicle E/E architecture and verify the performance using analytical and simulation tools.
- Design Space Exploration (DSE): You use state-of-the art DSE techniques to find the optimal solutions in a multi-objective design space.
- You will document and present the results in the form of this Master Thesis.
- Education: Master studies in the fields of computer science, electrical engineering, automotive engineering, physics or comparable
- Personality and Working Practice: highly motivated, independent, structured and analytical
- Experience: experience with techniques to model systems (e.g. UML and SysML), it is desirable to have experience with in-vehicle communication network design tools (e.g. CANoe, RTaW, or OMNet++), hands-on machine learning is a plus
- Knowledge: embedded system, in-vehicle communication networks, and OO-Programming skills (e.g. Java and Python)
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
Start: according to prior agreement
Duration: 6 months
Requirement for this thesis is the enrollment at university. Please attach a motivation letter, your CV, transcript of records, examination regulations and if indicated a valid work and residence permit.
Need further information about the job?
Ricardo Gonzalez de Oliveira (Business Department)
+49 1573 4903841
Apply now in just 3 minutes!