Agile Scrum Master
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
Some perks of working at ESCRYPT Canada:
- Working in an open and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home office option
- Employee discounts for Bosch products
- Access to global network of industry experts for collaboration or new learning
When working in the office is available, and social distancing is no longer needed:
- Free drinks, coffee, and snacks
- Monthly office lunches alongside town halls
- Team building perks such as ping ping, foosball, and PS4
You will be joining the CycurV2X group that is developing the security behind Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure technology (or Vehicle-to-Everything, V2X). This technology will enable next generation ADAS capabilities in vehicles to create a safer and more efficient driving experience, be it automated or traditional driving.
You will diligently work to bring order to a fluid and dynamic environment for our agile teams, allowing them to fulfill each customer commitment, and at the same time helping the team feel empowered, equipped and supported. Our organization is global, with teams located in Germany and Waterloo, Canada (where you will focus). Working closely with our technical teams both locally and globally, you will ensure that our customers receive the very best results by orchestrating the work with the team to maximize efficiency and ensure consistency.
- Plan and run local agile development, and interact with scrum masters for our global products.
- Be an outgoing and effective communicator and presenter, an analyser who is also full of empathy not only for the customers and the challenges they face, but also for the teams that are striving to deliver great results, where you play the role of team organizer.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive plans that coordinate development activities and staff, and effectively demonstrate effort and milestones.
- Monitor project progress and regularly report to all stakeholders on project status, deliverables, risks and mitigations.
- Coach our cross-functional teams, continuously improving and supporting the self-organizing team
- Identify and address roadblocks with the teams, ensuring the teams can be efficient and happy
- Ensure processes are in place that meet the needs of all of our stakeholders
- Expert agile scrum master with project management experience; but we are also looking for flexible application of these schemes. Knowledge of the SAFE framework is beneficial. Knowledge of automotive or safety quality processes and systems a benefit.
- Experience being a scrum master for distributed teams, especially in different time zones
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, partners, senior management and colleagues empathetically. You are a warm-hearted powerful influencer for whom people are happy to get things done.
- Strong time management skills to coordinate all deliverables and to consider dependencies.
- A team player with a history of meeting multiple deadlines successfully, bridges unburnt.
- Fluent in English, capable of easy communication whether to a technical or a business audience.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field.
- Professional project management designation, such as PMP or CPM a benefit.
- 5+ years of agile scrum master or project management experience.
At ESCRYPT we know diversity in gender, age, nationality, and culture is one of our key advantages. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and invite you to join us as part of a large multinational company where we take your career seriously and offer you the possibility to grow with us as part of a highly qualified and internationally experienced team. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you!