Senior Backend Developer
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
Some perks of working at ESCRYPT Canada:
- Working in an open and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home office option
- Employee discounts for Bosch products
- Access to global network of industry experts for collaboration or new learning
When working in the office is available, and social distancing is no longer needed:
- Free drinks, coffee, and snacks
- Monthly office lunches alongside town halls
- Recreational outlets such as table tennis, foosball and PS4 games
ESCRYPT Waterloo is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS (advanced driver-assistance systems) technologies. As a Senior Backend Developer on the CycurV2X-PKI team, you’ll drive the development of enterprise-grade PKI solutions for ITS Credential Management Systems, which will be used across the globe to service millions of vehicles! As a seasoned developer, your teammates will look up to you for technical expertise and development experience. Long term, you’ll build and support best-practices for a forward-thinking, modern back-end.
- Evaluate what solution works best and what doesn’t; you’ll confidently make decisions with a “Customer-First” mentality
- Approach problems with a quality-centric approach and won’t settle for solutions that are “good enough” - you will strive to create the best solution possible
- Collaborate with different stakeholders across the business to ensure correct features are delivered on time
- Coach and mentor team members, strengthening the team
- Build scalable and reliable multi-server solutions, architecting and designing SaaS solutions, knowing the best technologies to use to solve problems
- Drive proper software architecture design and development practices
How Do I Know If This Is For Me?
You’re passionate about working collaboratively with team members to deliver a strong, secure back-end. You are self-driven and don’t wait until you’re told to improve a solution. You have strong communication skills because you know that co-designing solutions is critical to quality deliverables. You love working in an agile environment and can suggest best practices to keep improving processes. You want to join a team that’s open, innovative, and at the forefront of technology.
We are looking for passionate and smart individuals who are looking to learn and apply their skills in a challenging and innovative field. We do not expect you to have all of the skills listed, but have the aptitude and drive to grow and learn.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend solutions
- Expertise with Java EE (full stack), Java persistence API, Java SE, JEE
- Experienced with Springboot 2
- Experienced with Kubernetes & Container Technology (Docker, Podman, containerd, etc.)
- Experienced with Microservices, server design patterns and best practices
- Understands full scope of system; from infrastructure to deployment and operations
- Proficiency with deployments in both cloud and customer environments
- Effective in working in Agile Scrum, and DevOps culture
- Follow a Clean Code approach and understand it's benefits
- Experience with SQL, NoSql, and other database technologies
Experience in the following are plus:
- Security Architecture and Solutions
- Practical cryptography experience
- Proficiency with full scope of testing - unit, integration, system, load, etc.
At ESCRYPT we know diversity in gender, age, nationality, and culture is one of our key advantages. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and invite you to join us as part of a large multinational company where we take your career seriously and offer you the possibility to grow with us as part of a highly qualified and internationally experienced team. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you!