Sensors Electrical Engineer
- 130 Perinton Pkwy, Fairport, NY 14450, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Bosch Security Systems is a leading global supplier of security, safety, and communications products and systems. Protecting lives, buildings and assets is the major aim. The product portfolio includes video surveillance, intrusion detection, fire detection and voice evacuation systems as well as access control and management systems. Professional audio and conference systems for communication of voice, sound and music complete the range.
Fairport, NY is the headquarters for the Bosch Security Systems sales organization in the United States and serves as the primary site for research and development, engineering, quality and product management for intrusion detection systems, including state-of-the-art sensors, control panels, communicators and more.
This is a technical leadership position that entails design of wired and wireless security products used in residential and commercial security systems. Individual will actively participate in a structured product development process which encompasses technical requirements development, hardware and architecture design, implementation and verification, production test strategy development, and launch to mass production. This position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment with individuals and groups located worldwide.
- Planning and leading product development activities
- Requirements development, management and validation
- Digital, Analog, RF circuit design and implementation
- Embedded algorithm development
- Failure mode and parametric analysis of electrical designs for robustness verification
- Design verification testing for requirements fulfillment
- Design for Manufacturability, Testability and Cost Effectiveness, Factory introduction
Other Workplace Considerations
- Periodic international travel
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience with hardware circuit and RF design to include experience in the following:
- Digital, analog and RF architecture fundamentals
- Troubleshooting and component verification
- Mathematical analysis
- Low power battery operated designs
- Embedded SW design
- Product design for manufacturability, testability and cost effectiveness
- MSEE preferred
- Technical Leadership
- Ability to plan and lead product development and factory introduction
- Ability to guide, train and mentor engineers and technicians
- Understanding of RF technologies such as ZigBee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, etc.
- Understanding of optics at infrared and visible spectrum
- Innovative aptitude and desire to develop cutting edge solutions
- Strong attention to detail
To be successful in this position individual must have a high level of self-motivation, a drive for self-development and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)