Senior Embedded Software Developer
- 419 Phillip St, Waterloo, ON N2L 3X2, Canada
- Legal Entity: ETAS Embedded Systems Canada Inc.
At ESCRYPT, we believe that security and privacy are important, no matter the size of the device. We are passionate about bringing safety and peace of mind to an increasingly connected and data-driven world. We use our breadth and depth of experience and our combined abilities to give our customers the edge they need against ever evolving threats.
ESCRYPT is at the forefront of the exciting new ADAS technologies. You will work alongside talented experts in the industry and you will be constantly challenged to push yourself and improve your skills. Our dynamic team tackles challenging problems in an open and collaborative environment. We are always learning new things and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We are active participants in our community including many local technology groups and charities. We love what we do and we love where we work.
Some perks of working at ESCRYPT Canada:
- Working in an open and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home office option
- Employee discounts for Bosch products
- Access to global network of industry experts for collaboration or new learning
When working in the office is available, and social distancing is no longer needed:
- Free drinks, coffee, and snacks
- Monthly office lunches alongside town halls
- Recreational outlets such as table tennis, foosball and PS4 games
As a Senior Embedded Software Developer at ESCRYPT Waterloo you will be joining a team developing the next generation of Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) technologies. You will be working on providing the in-device security for Vehicle-To-Everything (V2X) applications alongside a talented and motivated team. We will combine our security expertise and automotive know-how alongside your expertise in embedded technologies to deliver solutions that will drive the V2X security industry.
The CycurV2X group is focused on developing V2X technologies to be used across the globe in millions of vehicles. If you want to join a team that is at the forefront of cybersecurity technology, then this is the team for you.
Reporting to the CycurV2X Development Manager at our Waterloo site, you will have a key role in driving forward secure, quality, safe and state of the art software development. This role will cover the full SDLC and will include technical support for stakeholders and customer projects. Some of your other responsibilities are as follows.
- You are focused on making products that create value
- You evaluate what works best and what doesn’t; having the confidence and ability in making the correct decisions
- You have a quality centric approach and are not satisfied with solutions that “just work”, but strive to create the best solution possible
- You will help mentor and lead less experienced developers
- You are someone who will make an impact, drive results, and remain humble - no job is too small
We are seeking passionate and smart individuals who are looking to learn and apply their skills in a challenging and innovative field. We do not expect you to have all of the skills listed, but have the aptitude and drive to grow, learn, and take on challenges no one has seen before.
- Continuous and clear communication with highly developed teamwork skills are a must
- Proven ability to drive development through the full SDLC (requirements, design, testing, implementation, deployment, and maintenance)
- Strong programming experience with modern C++ and object-oriented design and implementation
- Proven ability to design with performance and resource constraints in mind
- Strong experience with embedded platforms, board bring-up and debugging
- Experience with ARM or other embedded processors
- Experience with Linux, BSD, QNX, or similar
- Experience creating unit tests, integration tests, system tests, and product tests
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
Experience in the following are an asset:
- Automotive compliances (ASPICE, ISO26262, ASIL, etc.)
- Automotive software development experience
At ESCRYPT we know diversity in gender, age, nationality, and culture is one of our key advantages. By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and invite you to join us as part of a large multinational company where we take your career seriously and offer you the possibility to grow with us as part of a highly qualified and internationally experienced team. If you are interested in working in a highly technical, fast-paced and fun environment, we'd like to hear from you.